Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTi-S

Unhappy Honda Jazz 40k service

Hi all,
    I had my 07 Vti-s serviced today at local Honda Dealer in Sydney, it was for a 40k Service.
    The guy told me it was a fairly large one and would cost approx $500, plus it needed the Front Pads to be changed, and Discs machined. Also had the Air-con treatment and clean as well, coming out of the dealer at $900, has anyone else had this experience with the Jazz Vti-s on a 40k service?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    it must be a major service. I asked for a 100k kms service and got quoted $705 for just the major service (DC5R). If things need to be changed and cleaned too, it would be near your figure. Not sure about the jazz thou but i imagine its major service time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTi-S
    Hi acurabot,
    Yes your probably right, they said it was a fairly big one to have done, the recon they went over the whole car, so its to be expected.
    And the Brakes do feel so much better now, and smells nice too lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Honda wanted to charge me 700+ for my 06 Jazz Gli 40k service, they said the major cost was to change the spark plugs

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5-R
    i think they change some, if not all your belts too. its not just an oil change like the usual and can be exxy. thats y i havent done my major service yet since i got my car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTi-S
    Hi evolution,
    If they did do all that your suggesting then I suppose its not too bad, the car does feel totally different extremely smooth, especially the Brakes. It has made a difference.

lol its called placebo new belts oil etc will make an unnoticeable difference to your car. your mind thinks that if you're paying 900 for a service that it has made a difference. the difference it has made is giving you the convenience of not having your belts brake at a random time. sludge not building up in your engine etc. the only noticeable effect would be if your spark plugs were worn and your car was starting to run rough

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTi-S
    Hi gee-aye-dee,
    Your right its all down to mind games lol, maybe it's because my wallet is now lighter without all that folding plastic stuff in it, lol.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    yes evolution your 1.3 is twin spark so 8 pieces = expensive. but should they change @ 40k? i though it's platinum should be good for 100k? am i wrong?

yikes... im up for that serice too...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by bc143 View Post
    yes evolution your 1.3 is twin spark so 8 pieces = expensive. but should they change @ 40k? i though it's platinum should be good for 100k? am i wrong?
    I think they were just normal spark plugs, not platinum or Iridium

My Odyssey ones are Denso Iridium's from factory, those are changed every 100k.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    By the manual, 40K service should include a valve clearance check/adjust, which is where the labour comes into it. I service my own VTI, and skipped the 40K valve adjustment, the engine is silky smooth at 70K km's anyway. Wait till you need the in tank fuel filter changed at 80K km's. $$$$$$$$$$$$

To the OP, did they do a valve adjust ?
    Last edited by fundies; 11-05-2010 at 11:33 AM.