Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R

Question Flushing Clutch Fluid on DC5R

The clutch fluid on my car looks a little strange and discoloured. I was wondering if anyone knows how to flush/bleed the clutch fluid? Theres no mention of this on the service manual? Is there a drain valve/nut anywhere?

And the lid says to use specifically Honda Dot 3 fluid only. Can I use motul 5.1 fluid (which states it can be used with DOT 3 as well:
    http://www.motul.com.au/product_line.../others05.html

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    there should be a little bleed nipple in front on the gearbox usually covered by a protective rubber (similar to your brake nipples), it basically is the same procedure for your brakes.
    undo pump through, keep topping up and when the colour fluid runs true, redo the nipple have your mate do a couple pumps (pedal down) open up briskly and repeat to get all potential air bubbles out.
    or do it yourself and let gravity do the job, and yes again to your motul 5.1 fluid. anythin above dot 3 is fine for Honda brake and clutch use.
    Why hello there

Try... http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=clutch+fluid

If not, check out Forum: DIY Articles / Reviews

goodluck.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    First, use a turkey baster or a syringe and suck out the fluid from your clutch fluid resevoir. Then top it up with new fluid. That should help minimise the grit that would damage the master cylinder seals if you had pumped all the old fluid through.

Then look for the slave cylinder. It is just under the intake manifold, above the starter motor. Remove the rubber nipple, being careful not to drop it. Then attach some clear hose (I use PVC hose from Bunnings) loosen the nipple and get your friend to pump the clutch. You should see the old fluid come out through the tube. If you don't, then undo the nipple a bit more. Keep pumping under the fluid in the resevoir has gone down but is still above the minimum level. Top up and repeat until the fluid coming out is clean.

When you are comfortable that you have pumped out enough fluid, get your friend to do a final pedal press and hold it down. Tighten up the nipple (your friend can release the pedal after that) and carefully undo the tube so that you don't spray brake fluid on your nicely painted surfaces. Replace the nipple cover, top up the clutch fluid to just below the max level and close the cap.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Reviving an old thread...I've flushed my clutch fluid twice already but the fluid keeps getting contaminated and discolouring with some cloudy green stuff. ALso when this happens, my clutch pedal makes a funny clicking noise when I press and release it. Flushing the fluid gets rid of this noise before returning after 5000kms. Surely I don't need to flush the clutch fluid that often?

ANy ideas what could be causing the contamination?

Quote Originally Posted by xhilr8 View Post
    Reviving an old thread...I've flushed my clutch fluid twice already but the fluid keeps getting contaminated and discolouring with some cloudy green stuff. ALso when this happens, my clutch pedal makes a funny clicking noise when I press and release it. Flushing the fluid gets rid of this noise before returning after 5000kms. Surely I don't need to flush the clutch fluid that often?

ANy ideas what could be causing the contamination?
    that noise is VERY VERY common.
    Lubricate the clutch pivot point will help but not solve it...
    Apparently changing your master cyclinder fixes this proble..
    Btw i share this problem too, don't worry your clutch aint going to break lol