Sup fella's,

I'm new to honda's, coming from a 4AGE powered AE82 corolla so was wondering if some of the more experienced members could help me out with a few questions.

I'm picking up 1 97' EK 3 door hatch on friday, with the stock D16Y4 engine. Test drove the car, goes pretty well even with the stock engine, but i'm after a bit more grunt. In saying this, the D16 goes harder than the 4AGE i had in my rolla, and the EK chassis feels much more precise and focused.

Basically, i've been seeing alot of these "mini me" conversion talks all over the place, and from what i gather, it's basically bolting on a Y1 or Y8 head onto the bog standard Y4 block? Is this all that needs to be done? Or is there other things? Most of these write ups are for the already moderately handy mechanics, but none for those with experience, but with none prior to Honda engines.

So what's the go? If i were to do this conversion, do i just need a VTEC head? Do i need to change the 'box, ECU etc?

Also what are some decent road legal mods that will give the car some more pick up and go? And where abouts is the best place to get a GLi dash cluster?

NSW P Plater aswell, thinking of modding the airbox and fitting a CAI or a Pod but only if it's worth it, defo not worth getting defected just for a pod haha.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Cheers,
Lachlan.