Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    Yes, it's a good thing they are backing the product. Pity more manufacturers didn't do the same when there are defined issues, where a fair amount of customers present with the almost identical issues.
    My days of bagging Honda are long gone.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    I think you got lucky with the replacement. Can't see most Honda dealers making a habit of it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003gli jazz
    cazz'shonda, had the same problem with both my Jazz's. One a 07 Jazz-the dealer replaced the starter clutch after flushing didn't work because Honda said any car with under 160k on the clock will be done free. My other Jazz had done 200k plus and no amount of flushes would fix the problem. I did read another forum on the same problem and came up with the product Oil Extreme which is added to the trans fluid. Being a bit wary of quick fixes I did try it and now have done 260k with no evidence of shudder. I do treat the old girl with a bit of respect though due to her age. Good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    cazz'shonda, had the same problem with both my Jazz's. One a 07 Jazz-the dealer replaced the starter clutch after flushing didn't work because Honda said any car with under 160k on the clock will be done free. My other Jazz had done 200k plus and no amount of flushes would fix the problem. I did read another forum on the same problem and came up with the product Oil Extreme which is added to the trans fluid. Being a bit wary of quick fixes I did try it and now have done 260k with no evidence of shudder. I do treat the old girl with a bit of respect though due to her age. Good luck
    Thommo, I think the start clutch has been done too now. The EGR valve was eventually replaced and fixed the erratic running but the start up vibration continued and my daughter in law took the car back for repairs.
    I'll check when she gets back from holiday but I am sure all's sorted and everyone is happy.
    Kudos to Honda for it as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    damn some of you guys do alot of kms!
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    OK, car in at Honda at the moment for the start clutch or transmission replacement. D-I-L not sure what they are actually doing but will find out and let me know.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by cazz'shonda View Post
    Jazz has been taken to Honda by daughter-in-law's family and has been given a total flush this time, not just drain and fill. If this doesn't fix the problem I am told the transmission will be replaced free of charge as according to them it was a known problem and they are required to repair it. Good news for other Jazz owners then for it seems Honda are willing to rectify this problem, even ina 2003 model vehicle well out of warranty.
    Not sure if you'll see this after all this time but which Honda dealer have you taken it to where they have agreed to replace the transmission? Did this need to be done in the end? Thanks.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Honda told me that the problem had already affected the start clutch so ill have to live with it, but its like 1600$ for a replacement clutch apparently so if its hell bad u can push for that.

mines 03 and they said they had to ask Honda Australia which is in melbourne we were denied LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8
    does anyone have the picture startup clutch a look like ?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    its a multiplate clutch that sits between the CVT and the driveshaft/diff

how can u have a GD8?? its either GD1/2/3/4....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8
    thanks mate for the info .Gd8 basically is Fit Aria. in some asian region Called honda City.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    no worries, and i didnt realise you were in indonesia. that makes sense then for it to be a GD8 ahaha.
    Honda City is a nice looking car in my oppinion