Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Honda had to back their product cause of all the lawsuits and class actions in the US of A.

Part of problem is dealers throwing ATF-z1s in the CVT transmissions ...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Blue GD- Take it in for a CVT Flush, cost a fair bit of cash, as they use 8L of CVT to flush it out. its not just a oil change the flush it like a toilet, that will help clean it out.

Fredoops- Someone on fit freak told me the Honda Fits over there had a 5speed manual or 5speed auto. No CVT over there :/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    Blue GD- Take it in for a CVT Flush, cost a fair bit of cash, as they use 8L of CVT to flush it out. its not just a oil change the flush it like a toilet, that will help clean it out.

Fredoops- Someone on fit freak told me the Honda Fits over there had a 5speed manual or 5speed auto. No CVT over there :/
    thats correct, but the same tranny is used in the insight and civic :-)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8

some people told me that if flushing the cvt tranny will damage the body valve part, is it true?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahh ok that makes sense.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i dont believe so, maybe.
    but they just flushing the oil from the CVT, its connected into a pump type thing through some of the radiator hoses or something. i forget what honda said.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8
    i dont believe so, maybe.
    but they just flushing the oil from the CVT, its connected into a pump type thing through some of the radiator hoses or something. i forget what honda said.
    if the methods of flushing cvt oil via the radiator hoses it wouldn't damage the Body valve parts. that's make sense for me. I wish that my car is still on warranty and get the fresh new cvt Tranny. .. because in indonesia the price of fresh cvt tranny is about $ 2,000..

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Yeh, apparently for me the damage and shudder is coming from the start clutch, which will cost me around AUD$1600
    but after the flush it was hardly noticable.

infact i gave a R34 GTS-T skyline a thrashing today, he kept taking off as fast as he could to stop at the next set of lights and set them for me.
    so eventually i was beside him at the front and i just planted the accelerator at around 70% and left him for dust, since im on my P's (begginer license) i stopped at 70kmh the speed limit n backed off, but the skyline man just had to go to 90kmh to make his point ahaha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8
    that's cool mate... just remember the speed limit... if you want no speed limit. Please visit to Indonesia, but the traffic is so crowded.. ehehehe

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh thats true.
    but i would rather take it to the track then to indonesia, purely for the price ahaha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD8
    yeh thats true.
    but i would rather take it to the track then to indonesia, purely for the price ahaha.
    yeh thats true mate... go to the track... eheheheh.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI MY12 A
    I have been told that for MY12 the CVT gear box has been removed, replaced by the classic one. I've asked when I bought it.
    Could that be true?

Regards.