Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed

Changing back from HIDs

Hey guys,

I've had HIDs on my Euro for over 2 years now but I've now decided to switch them back to stock now that I've got my car back from the hail repair.

The funny thing is, I can't seem to remember if my original H1 lo beam bulb had 2 pins or 1? I bought a set of Phillips Crystal Visions from AB and when I tried to put them in, I realised that there were 2 connectors but only 1 pin on the bulb.

Am I missing something?
    | cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    Out of curiosity, how come you're changing them back to normal halogens =S

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    Well, one of the ballast blew so instead on changing HIDs, I decided that I want them back to stock.
    | cusco strut brace : toda headers : metal cat : fujitsubo legalisR : comptech SS : mugen visors : mugen CF airbox : euroR badges : custom 3M floor mats |

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    I never knew h1 had 2 pins.
    H1 should only have one pin. But on the connector, some might have 2 pins. 1 is your ground , but its a part of the connector. It doesnt go to anywhere else.
    On some other cars, the headlight it self is grounded, and eliminates the other wire.
    You should only have a connector with 1 female plug.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    That's the thing. I know that H1 bulbs only have 1 pin and I know that my car takes H1 lo beam bulbs but where are there 2 female connectors? I tried to only connect 1 of them and tested it but the bulb doesn't light up.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    maybe take a picture, not sure what u mean, and yea there should be only 1 pin, 1 pin for positive, 1 pin connects to ground.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed

Here's the 2 connectors. Did I misplace some kind of adaptor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    The funny thing is that even the user manual shows that there should only be 1 connector. What am I missing here? Feels like it's right in front of me but I'm stumped. Feel like a real noob to not be able to change my own light bulb.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    OH yes, the plug with the black wire should plug in the headlight housing, I forgot exactly where it is, i think it's at the bottom just underneath where the bulb connector should be, and the red wire should connect to the h1 bulb itself.

Reason being, the h1 bulb connector acts as a conductor for the "ground", so the plug should go there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Ltd Ed
    Really? Is it that easy? So there's a male connector somewhere on the bulb housing that the black wire should go?

So does it mean that the bulb will not light up unless I've plugged both connectors to their rightful place?

Too late now, will have to give it another go tomorrow. *cross* fingers.
    Last edited by E-Gene; 09-05-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Limited Edition
    yea that's right, plug the black wire there, and it should work =]

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Dude. By that picture. Youve completely removed the wires from the connector plug. Both those wires end up in the same connector.