Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gen 4 prelude

hey all...

im just curious as too why there are so many preludes for sale up here in brisbane (around the 93-95 model)...

like ive been looking in the car yards and papers but there are practically no integra's (vtir or gsi, 93-97) for sale or civic (vtir)... it sux big time...

just wondering if any current or former owners know of any major problems that occur with the preludes that may not occur with the civics or tegs.,..

or are there any major prob's that occur with 4th gen preludes... :roll:

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    None that i've heard of...

a mate's had one for 4-5 years now, runs flawlessly. And never heard any major issues at all with them

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    you goto watch the 4WS ! :?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    do you know anyone that has had 4WS fail or anything? I know people who have crashed cos of it (makes the car a little more tail happy!) but no failures

lol that is true... ive heard bout probs with 4ws and some ppl with there sunroofs and rust.. no biggies...

just lost as to why there are 8 ludes for sale to 1 teg... :x

wat about parts on that note... are lude parts more expensive than teg parts...

Problems with sunroof only if you don't clean the water pipe things!
    Rust, i have a little but it's going soon

4WS is SHIT
    The Prelude should of been a RWD car!
    Honda was on drugs when designing it

Member Array
    Car:
    EF Si
    farr.. gen4 lude is sweet! damn stock bucket seats!

crash coz of 4WS? don't see how unless you don't know how to use it properly

alos not sure how the 4ws caused a crash. When the 4ws stuffs up, it goes into fail safe mode which locks the back wheels, this causes the car to run in 2ws mode like a normal car. :roll:
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    its easy to do when coming from a non-4ws car. Like if you are going through a corner quite quickly and your steering, hitting a mid-corner bump can be enough to send the tail out berfore you know it.

When my bro first got his he spun it in a roundabout cos of the 4ws, and a mate of mine crashed his gen4 going through a roundabout and having the rear wheels go over some reflectors on the road

Once you are used it to though i reckon 4WS is great, especially for parking

Quote Originally Posted by poid
    its easy to do when coming from a non-4ws car. Like if you are going through a corner quite quickly and your steering, hitting a mid-corner bump can be enough to send the tail out berfore you know it.

When my bro first got his he spun it in a roundabout cos of the 4ws, and a mate of mine crashed his gen4 going through a roundabout and having the rear wheels go over some reflectors on the road

Once you are used it to though i reckon 4WS is great, especially for parking
    saying all that, it's not exactly the 4WS failing or malfunctioning, it is driver incompetence.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    And road uh, "crappiness"

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    No, its not a malfunction or anything, its the driver being caught out

Once you know how it works, 4ws is plenty fun