Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM

Type R im looking at buying....

im lookingat a jdm type r.. and since im new to the honda scene though i shuold ask u guys a few questions

first thing i noticed is that it is a 4 stud...

it is an import with the import plate and all

basically i just wantto know what to look for. im a mechanic. so if u tell me to look out for the mechanical side of things to tell the difference between real type r's and fake ones. im getttin it for a good price too good. so i want as much info as i can get. has a bit of exterior damage. but all in a days work

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    in regards to the 4 stud, 96 spec type r's stud pattern is 4x114.3 whereas the 98+ models are 5x114.3

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R JDM
    Quote Originally Posted by killa from manila View Post
    in regards to the 4 stud, 96 spec type r's stud pattern is 4x114.3 whereas the 98+ models are 5x114.3
    just had a quick re read it is a 96 spec

AND the engine number should read b18cr is this correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    on the block it should just be stamped "B18C" with a row of about 8 numbers under it.
    But, with the jap spec engines both the type r and sir engines r stamped B18C. easiest way to tell is by the type of intake manifold and the stampings on the head. type r head is stamped PR3, sir head i think is stamped P72

pretty sure there shud be a thread on how to pick the diff between real and face type r. i cant remember the the 96 spec have the build model engraved in the plaque under the hand brake? also check the rear sub frame, you will have to google a few dc2r and vtir to pick the difference there. that should be the biggest give away. and also check the vin, make sure it says dc2 not dc4. etc etc.. someone else can add some more.