S2Krazy Array

S2k Diff Collars

I dunno whether or not I buy into this?

S2Ki Diff Collars link. Replace OEM bushes on diff hangers etc.

Before:

After:

Key Points:
    1. Improved drive feeling through torque application with a more direct initial throttle response.
    2. Improved up shifts and down shifts: Up shift are direct with an improved application of torque and power. Heel and toe down shifts give the driver an improved feeling of the rev match.
    3. Improved feedback when approaching & exceeding the tires traction limits (wheel slip).
    4. Wasted motion / deflection through on and off throttle application of the OEM bushing is significantly stiffened.
    5. Just enough compliance to eliminate unwanted vibrations during normal street driving.
    Thoughts?

I for one, though skeptical, at only $95US I'm thinking of picking up a set for when I have to do my diff anyway.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

S2Krazy Array
    Just O/T.... I know I'd be pissed..... Looks like he forgot to re-install his exhaust mount hanger plate upon re-installation. Sucks to be him.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    Sound investment if they act anything like the "pine-apple" bushes that all the Nissan people install around the subframe - much more direct feel when sliding or car is about give out.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    I've been looking into full solid mounts, but these seem like a good cheaper option.

Get it.. if you need it
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    from the review it sounds pretty good bang for buck,

id be in to buy a set

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    I've seen these around, but have no personnel experience with them on an S2K, but have in other cars (same sh@t different smell), so it depends on how much movement/play these collars actually allow. As you do want some movement, not free play movement, but more sturdier than a factory flogged out mount (or new for that matter). These particular ones seem to allow f@#kall movement, so there a cheap bandaid solution if your current mounts are cactus. IMHO i'd stay well clear of these and/or any other solid (metal) mount set and go down the path of better aftermarket diff mount bushes. Solid mounts sound hard arse, but in reality there shit, they cause massive rear end noise which will drive 99% of people insane, forget using your car as a daily as they aren't designed for any street use whatsoever, nor are they designed to add life or 'performance' to the diff, these are strictly for unregistered track demons where reliability and driver comfort isn't important. The only positive i can see here is, if your after a solid mount set but don't want the crazy noises, this is a cheap answer. Also generally the diff casing needs to be reinforced around the factory mounting points as to withstand the shock load of solid mounts. As over a short period of time, either you'll be fortunate to snap a mounting point and/or bolt and not rupture the diff, or you'll split the diff casing, and destroy everything. Unless you doing every possibly strengthening mod to an OEM diff, internals and rear casing hat, i wouldn't bother running them, as you'll only bring on an inevitable failure. I'd personally opt for a better/stonger solid rubber diff set. This will help with the extra torque your car makes, but not hurt the outer diff casing. Nothing wrong with a nice fresh set of OEM mounts either, however it's more cost effective to go with aftermarket.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 13-05-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I read the S2Ki post.... cheap and nasty.
    CHEAP--FAST--RELIABLE = PICK ANY TWO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ^^ Rep'd