shifting in a dc2r, loud noise

alright, so when im shifting, into mainly 1 to 2, and 2 - 3, sometimes it makes a bang kinda noise, not a crunch, and i can feel it aswell. usually happens when i dun accelerate enough when shifting gears? and only happens when im driving normally. i dont notice it during spirited driving

is this normal? my other cars never do this.

or is to do with the heavy duty clutch?

*EDIT*!!! how do ya diagnose which engine mount is playing up???
    Last edited by YBJLS4; 14-05-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Doesnt sound clutch related. Have you tried checking your rear engine mount to see if its broken?

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    agree, doesnt sound like a clutch related problem, try getting a mechanic to drive to diagnose the problem, maybe its the gearbox
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    sounds like a mount ,

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    yeh, broken engine mount.. try doing it granny shifting style.. and then try doing it shifting pretty hard. If it only does it when you shift hard youve got broken engine mounts
    happens in my car and i know i have ****ed mounts

doesn't happen when im giving it a hit. ill have a look at the rear engine mount, only happens on the odd occassion when driving slow and not doing smooth shifts (usually if i dont do a smooth shift it just jerks, this makes the bang n shit)

ill take it to the mechanics when i have time i guess.

how do you diagnose, yourself, which of the 3 engine mounts are playing up??

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    try reving the engine from the engine pay and see how much the engine moves..
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    mate, get under the car and start looking is all i can say

it may take a while to realise what you are looking for, when you have found it, you should be able to tell if its fuxored or not

the rear engine mount is behind your intake manifold, middle lower section of the firewall
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

yer i was looking at it last night, i can't see anything abnormal. the engine stays still when idling, and when i rev it, the engine doesn't jerk out or jump or anything, and at higher revs, the engine moves slightly back, (buts thats normal right)?