Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What size semi slick on a 15x8" +36 6uL wheel on an em1?

Ok so I'm thinking of getting a wider set of wheels for track. but not sure which brands will make the tire size that will suit.

I'm thinking of maybe running a 225 up front and a 205 or 215 out back. I really like the Dunlop 03g's but the size I am after is not on their website...(I am currently using a 195 all round with a 7" wheel with plenty of clearance)

Anyone have any advice from previous experience? or know if this setup will fit/work?

Thanks for any help anyone can give, I want more grip!!
    -Mike
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    225 or a 245

im doin the same mike, looking to go to 6UL for the EK fronts and keep the Re30s for the rear

for me i will be running 245 at the front and 225 at the rear
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    205-225's will fit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1,4,9
    for the rear, if u want to run 15x8 you need a 3mm spacer. with a 225 semi, if you want to dump the car you need to roll the guard and even flare it a bit
    fronts should be ok just depends on how low you want to go. i recommend rolling the front guards if ure going to run a 225.

im using t1r 225/50 atm and had to roll and flare so sit the car nice and low
    HORSEPOWER is how hard you hit the wall.
    TORQUE is how far you go through it!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    im using 16x7 with 215/45/16 ku36 . they hang over a little so i'd recommend using 215 for by 8's it will sit flush. not sure if they make it in the 15 inch though. but ku36s are sweet for street use and the occasional track.

Ok I think i will run a 225 up front and a 205 out back. should be sweet for fitment. gaurds are already rolled and stretched ghetto DIY style so scrubbing, hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Will be for TRACK ONLY. My car is low but not like crazy low so that should be fine as well. Thanks for the advice guys
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    leave your 7" rim and 195 at the rear
    then put a pair of 15x8 with 225/50 at front
    you will love it
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    Ok I think i will run a 225 up front and a 205 out back. should be sweet for fitment. gaurds are already rolled and stretched ghetto DIY style so scrubbing, hopefully shouldn't be a problem. Will be for TRACK ONLY. My car is low but not like crazy low so that should be fine as well. Thanks for the advice guys
    how do you actually stretch your guards?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by moo moo nel View Post
    leave your 7" rim and 195 at the rear
    then put a pair of 15x8 with 225/50 at front
    you will love it
    Well I am currently running a 7" wheel with 205 all round. But i'm keen for a new look and some new rubber so a nice new set of 6UL's in 8" with a 225's and 205's sounds good to me. My current tyres still have a good 2 track days in them easy, possibly 3 but I 'want' a new look haha

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    how do you actually stretch your guards?
    Thick metal bar with electrical tape wrapped around it (attempt to save the paint) get one person to hold it inside the guard between the tyre. Then another person to drive the car slowly forward and back while the person holding the bar slides it in the gap. The bar then flares out the guard a bit as well as rolling the lip up as well.

Mind you, this pretty much fcked my paint right up and the guards are not exactly smooth anymore haha so if your worried about that then i wouldn't recommend this method

When i can be bothered spending heaps of money, i'll get a re-spray and some minor panel work done and it will be sweet...
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    so its like rolling guards, but also trying to make them protrude more?
    extreme guard rolling? lol

would it be possible to stretch it with a guard roller or not likely?

what is it called again when the fender lip is bent outwards to get more coverage instead of tucking it in?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    yesh i can flare the guards with a roller i did it to my EK u just need to be patient with doin to slowly or u can get it wrong and have a wavy fender.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Like me :/ haha Would be tough times getting the flare bits to be turned out, to the outside i reckon. I have seen it done on an eg in the states i think.
    MSC Performance FTW