Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    PreLude

question about this s2k

hi guys.. i need your help if anyone in this forum know about history of this car.
    i'm really keen with this car.
    but the only thing is this car doesnt come with logbook and only 1 key.
    its little bit suspicious for me.
    do you think is alright buy a car without logbook and service history?
    thanks
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...atchallpartial

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Quote Originally Posted by bajajracing View Post
    hi guys.. i need your help if anyone in this forum know about history of this car.
    i'm really keen with this car.
    but the only thing is this car doesnt come with logbook and only 1 key.
    its little bit suspicious for me.
    do you think is alright buy a car without logbook and service history?
    thanks
    http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars...atchallpartial
    looking at whats been done to it, my guess is that this car was purchased from the auctions and "sex spec'd up", cause no one in their right mind would take an immac S2K and fck it up like that....So this could mean it could be on REVS as a repairable writeoff...

If you really like this car then get your mechanic to go over it, personally I wouldnt pay anything over $20k for a car like that. IMO purely based on the fact its styling is niche and you gota think of when you goto resell such a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    that s2000 looks crap imo.. the flames just don't cut it.. but i'd be wary.. no log books, 1 key.. the clock could have been wound back as well.

there's a beautiful red one for sale in the marketplace

Member Array
    Car:
    tissue box with wheels
    ^^ not my cup of tea.
    also at that price, you can find something that is well looked after, has it been on carsales for awhile? if so, that should really tell you why no one wants it..

That car should be driven to the tip and left there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    PreLude
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    that s2000 looks crap imo.. the flames just don't cut it.. but i'd be wary.. no log books, 1 key.. the clock could have been wound back as well.

there's a beautiful red one for sale in the marketplace
    which one?the one on carsales BD-42-BM?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I saw that ad early this week and id have to agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
    looking at whats been done to it, my guess is that this car was purchased from the auctions and "sex spec'd up", cause no one in their right mind would take an immac S2K and fck it up like that....So this could mean it could be on REVS as a repairable writeoff...

If you really like this car then get your mechanic to go over it, personally I wouldnt pay anything over $20k for a car like that. IMO purely based on the fact its styling is niche and you gota think of when you goto resell such a car.
    Yes, red one in marketptlace is also in carsales, clean and stock. Roof and clutch just got changed too.
    Last edited by flipfire; 15-05-2010 at 11:17 PM.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    lol that yellow thing looks like arse!

u should wear a full faced helmet when driving so nobody could see who u are!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    You guys are so mean lol - He says he's really 'keen on it' so he must like the look...

But yeh I don't like it - Not my thing. Each to their own though. Make sure you get it revs checked and as Fly said, resale might not be very good. As you can see you've got a whole bunch of responses and not a single one likes the looks.

Good luck though!

Hey buddy,

That paintjob is very distinct and unique. Its so unique i actually remember it being towed away on a highway so I'd do some full checks on it before you purchase this car if i was you. Do not want to defame this car incase owner is on OH so pm if you want exact details

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it around too - pumping music and thrashing around? A lil' while back though