Member Array
    Car:
    EK4

So my car won't start...

Hi, I've got an EK4 and I've no idea what's wrong with it.

I just put in a new radiator after putting off the job for 2 weeks.
    So when I go to start her up and bleed the coolant, the battery was dead. Swap over a fresh battery and now she's cranking but she won't start.

I haven't touched anything apart from the radiator, fan switch and coolant hoses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jimsta

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Spark plugs? Intake components clean? No idea

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    alternator?
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    Check your dizzy
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 EG
    Most cases of car not starting can be from, starter motor dying, alternator not charging the batter ( lost efficiency), spark plugs fouled( is that how you spell it?), battery terminals not clamped properly (needs to be tight as), bad batch of fuel (check fuel filter might be blocked), and the list goes on..but be sure to check the ones easiest for yourself as in DIY before going to any mechanic...but have you tired to push start your car? easiest is push then put it in 2nd and drop the clutch if that starts your car then it narrows down to starter motor, and battery... hope that helps
    ------------------------------------------------
    '95 EG Yo... Back in the '90s car

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    is the cranking fast when you change the battery?..check all the sparkplug leads..clean your sparks...

Quote Originally Posted by kera_1 View Post
    Most cases of car not starting can be from, starter motor dying, alternator not charging the batter ( lost efficiency), spark plugs fouled( is that how you spell it?), battery terminals not clamped properly (needs to be tight as), bad batch of fuel (check fuel filter might be blocked), and the list goes on..but be sure to check the ones easiest for yourself as in DIY before going to any mechanic...but have you tired to push start your car? easiest is push then put it in 2nd and drop the clutch if that starts your car then it narrows down to starter motor, and battery... hope that helps
    If it's cranking over the starter hasn't died, and the battery terminals are obviously on correctly.

Make sure you haven't taken anything else off in the process of replacing the radiator. If you're confident everything is as it should be, pull your spark plugs to check you have spark, prime the engine and see if there's fuel entering the cylinders. I doubt your timing or compression is bad seeing as it was running before you replaced the radiator (correct?).
    Last edited by ~Sp33~; 18-05-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sp33~ View Post
    If it's cranking over the starter hasn't died, and the battery terminals are obviously on correctly.

Make sure you haven't taken anything else off in the process of replacing the radiator. If you're confident everything is as it should be, pull your spark plugs to check you have spark, prime the engine and see if there's fuel entering the cylinders. I doubt your timing or compression is bad seeing as it was running before you replaced the radiator (correct?).
    you would be correct

thanks to everyone who posted, i'll try out a couple diff. theories and see if i can get her running again. please keep the ideas coming

will update once i have more info

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    take out a spark plug lead and connect an old spark plug to it to see if your getting spark.
    OEM parts whore

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    take out a spark plug lead and connect an old spark plug to it to see if your getting spark.
    Or just ground the one you have and crank the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Do you have an immboliser?