Member Array
    Car:
    DA9

no fuel, nos park!!! alarm?

hey guys

ive got a DA9, just done a conversion.

when i try and start it theres no fuel pumping to the engine and no spark?
    the reds turn on n car does crank, could the alarm be the problem?

the alarm is ancient, like 90s ancient!
    i dont have the remote as the alarm didnt work when i purchsed the car, could it have reset?

any advice would be appreciated
    jef

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    anyone????

Remove the alarm. First place I'd check would be the wiring at the ignition switch - your ECU isn't getting powered.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    95 civic
    check ur ecu. happend to my car, ignition module blew in the ecu, was expensive to fix,(btw was running a apexi power fc)

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Anyone know how to remove an alarm?
    Liverpool area?

Do you have a multimeter and a wiring diagram? First thing you should be doing is checking that your ECU has 12V on it when you switch the ignition to ON. I bet that your alarm is simply in series with the ON signal from the switch; in which case it's a simple matter of cutting it out and resoldering.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    alarm was ancient, designed before black wires even were invented ahahaha...
    had 2 modules hanging out for p/w, 1 for immobaliser and another module for central locking, real mess.
    got it removed this morning for $80.

car still didnt start because there was no dizzy in it, but he ran all the checks and said it should be good..

good bloke,
    instaling a rhyno alarm after the car is registered for $400
    so if you need an alarm i recomend this guy

cheers for all the advice guys
    jef

My paint job is enough of a theft deterrent

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1990 Honda Integra LS
    I've got an alarm in my DA9 from the 90s, and I've had trouble starting it. I just turned the alarm off under the bonnet with the key and it starts no problems now.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1990 Honda Integra LS
    Actually... I just found out that if my car won't start on the first try, the cooling fans run when the key is in the ON position. If I leave it there for about a minute, then it starts up.
    It only usually happens if I'm driving the car for a while, turn it off, and then back on shortly after. All the times I've sat in a petrol station for like 5 minutes trying to start my car

Bet it's the main fuel relay (MFR). When you turn the key to "ON", the check engine light should go out at the same time as a click from the MFR. If it doesn't click and then doesn't start, you've found the problem.