Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9

EK Foglights Relay

Edit: Ignore previous post.. Rechecked my wiring and the ground wasn't actually contacting bare metal so there is now power going into the relay and not out. My guess is the relay isn't working.

Where can I get a similiar relay? I couldn't find any at supercheapauto. The pins aren't the same layout as the one I have.
    Last edited by haku; 21-05-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    ebay, buy an ek9/ek4 foglight relay

otherwise an electrician may know of a suitable replacement, autobarn comes to mind
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Well I went to Jaycar and bought a new relay but the same problem occurred when I wired it all correctly. Turns out I wasn't getting any power from the fusebox to charge the coil in the relay.

In the image above that was taken from neo_phases guide, the brown plug provides power to the relay. But those slots all don't provide any power. Any idea why? =S

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    if you have wired them like above, you should only be able to turn on the foglights if the headlights are on. if headlights are off, you can not turn the foglights on.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Yea. I read that in the Honda installation manual. But still I didn't get power with the headlights on, key in ignition, engine on, etc. =\

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    maybe its in the wrong slot. try the other slots with accessories and ignition on. if not just get a volt meter and check which one has power at it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Actually the problem was human error. The plug was just not all the way in. I feel so stupid =='

But the plug in the image is constantly on (for my car at least). The one next to it is only activated with the headlights like you said.

Thanks for your suggestions. I gotta make sure the plugs are in correctly next time. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    at least you didnt pay anyone to fix an easy problem. good work man