Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000

FD Civic Wiper blades - Where to buy

So supercheap don't sell replacements apparently because when I went they didn't have it in their book thing.

So can someone tell me which ones to buy taht could also work?

I don't want to pay Honda OEM prices.

Can we just buy refills?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I'm asking on behalf of a friend who just bought the car

J

I'd like to know as well. I went to Repco which don't sell them either because it's still considered a new model/product ?! Same deal with cabin/pollen filters - had to buy online in the end but haven't had any luck with the wipers.

Member Array
    Car:
    01 S2000
    http://action.publicbroadcasting.net...t/1940409.page

so a bit of googling...apaprently there is no way to avoid having to buy OEM...GG

Anyone know hwat honda chrges for a refill? Sounds like a b*tch to change too =.=

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    FD wiper blade inserts is the same as the standard wiper inserts used in conventional wiper blade..the only problem is finding the right length of the blades...i think its 26" long for one of the wiper...and afaik 06-07 FD has different wiper blandes than 08-10 ones....correct me if im wrong...

btw whats wrong with your wiper blade?? is it cracked already??..if not..try to remove the rubber insert then put it in reverse ....hth
    Last edited by fitme; 21-05-2010 at 04:32 PM.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    http://action.publicbroadcasting.net...t/1940409.page

so a bit of googling...apaprently there is no way to avoid having to buy OEM...GG

Anyone know hwat honda chrges for a refill? Sounds like a b*tch to change too =.=
    just use windex as the refill
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

If I remember correctly, it was about $70-80 for the pair, but that was through a service. fkn rip off. probably charged for the 5 minutes labour too.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdistik View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was about $70-80 for the pair, but that was through a service. fkn rip off. probably charged for the 5 minutes labour too.
    Refills are approx mid $20 per side. You only need the re-fills. Rip out the old blade, re-position the steel strips that support the re-fill, then re-insert back into the assy itself.

Still about $45 for re-fills is very steep, for 2 strips of extruded rubber that probably costs a couple bucks to make.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    The new wiper blades i think are using silicon. I had an experience with my ED when i tried to buy and use new silicon wiper blades and found out they were too soft and the plastic was wiping more of the glass than the silicon. The new wiper design makes it so that the blades dont flex as much thus the use of silicon is ideal. Silicon should have a much greater wearing life and as far as i am concerned - impervious to cracking and drying out...should in theory last for years and years

Member Array
    Car:
    BCNR33
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4272 View Post
    Refills are approx mid $20 per side. You only need the re-fills. Rip out the old blade, re-position the steel strips that support the re-fill, then re-insert back into the assy itself.

Still about $45 for re-fills is very steep, for 2 strips of extruded rubber that probably costs a couple bucks to make.
    yeah i need a pair. where do you purchase them from? cheers

on another note, serviced the car the other day. oem air filter set me back $67...thats honda marketing for you (sigh)
    Daily: '06 Honda Civic Vti | Weekend: '97 Nissan Skyline GTR BCNR33

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    oem air filter set $67 - why not just buy a CAI?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    because a CAI is $300-400?

Member Array
    Car:
    FDrive
    im starting to notice that my wiper blades are sweaking and not wiping smoothly on the window... and its the all rubber wiper blade... my civic is 2007.. i know the recent civics have the wiper blades that have the plastic holdings