Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performance Exhaust (Cu2)

Hi Guys,

I have the Honda Accord 2.4 Cu2, looking for a good performance exhaust. Is anyone able to offer any advice and possible suppliers? I dont think skunk2 has released one for the Cu2, but could be mistaken.

I have already ordered INJEN's CAI, awaiting arrival.

Thanks Guys!
    Greg

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    omg CAI, u lucky bar**d
    let us know how it pulls. i put the KN air filter in and cud already feel a noticeable power difference. the CAI is gunna be so smexxy.
    post a video if u can.

in regards to exhaust. Can ppl also reccommend one purely for noise as well? so probably just exhaust tips or mufflers not entire catbacks. cheap as well. dont really want a 2 x $1k fart cannon
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Will do - just surprised that there isnt really a performance exhaust released as yet... I see that mugen has 1, but way too expensive. I also want something with a deep tone, aggressive :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    Quote Originally Posted by greg6510 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have the Honda Accord 2.4 Cu2, looking for a good performance exhaust. Is anyone able to offer any advice and possible suppliers? I dont think skunk2 has released one for the Cu2, but could be mistaken.

Thanks Guys!
    Greg
    HI mate,

Well done!! If you dont mind i ask, how much do you pay for Injen CAI? and where do you get it from?
    I just installed a K&N filter to my CU2. Wondering whether installing Injen will affect car warrenty.
    Anyway, looking forward to your feedback and ....video perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    HI mate,

Well done!! If you dont mind i ask, how much do you pay for Injen CAI? and where do you get it from?
    I just installed a K&N filter to my CU2. Wondering whether installing Injen will affect car warrenty.
    Anyway, looking forward to your feedback and ....video perhaps
    I paid around $400 (USD). I ordered it from Injen, through a local dealer (I am in South Africa). I am sure that installing a CAI will affect warantee, but I really dont care :-)

I will post pics and vids once the shipment has arrived. I cant wait!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    congratulations on the CAI, alot of people who own the CU2, including me, can only dream of what you have haha.

from what i know on the Australian JDM Concept website they are selling the Fujisubo Catback Exhaust System for about 1.3k?
    have not heard much reviews on it, but after searching on youtube for some videos, there are some CL9 videos which have installed the same brand and it sounds fairly tough.

for furythree, i agree, don't wanna spend over 1k for a fart cannon, so if there are suggestions for a nice sounding muffler/exhaust tip it will be a HUGE benefit for me and furythree.

I'm pretty sure i saw one of the traders from jdmyard post up something (in thread "cu2 mods") about new stock coming in for the CU2 Injen CAI, however it is not advertised on their website yet, so for all the Aussies it is a MASSIVE THUMBS UP! haha!

for Greg, it will affect the warranty, when i bought the CU2 they offered 6 months warranty as well as comprhensive Road Side Assistance, that is, if my engine some how ****s up while driving, I can just give my good old friend Honda a call and they will have someone drive out to where I am and help me out. So don't wanna give that up, willing to wait for the 6 months before doing anything, most likely just gonna save up for Visual Parts first. Such as, Mugen Front Lip, Sports Grille. And maybe even the Modulo Springs for lowering (also heard some very good reviews on it, however it takes about 1-2 weeks for the car to settle in to the suspension.)

That's pretty much all the plans i have for my CU2, sorry for blabbing on so much hahaha!
    BUT VERY GOOD WORK on the CAI Greg, love to hear what it sounds like.
    and still awaiting suggestions for a new nice sounding muffler.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Hi Guys,

Thanks Guys!
    Greg

Go for MUGEN

There is basically almost no gain for any aftermarket catback for CU2. That is why not many company built one. they are purely for sound. for example, in fujitsubo legalis website, there is no graph on power figure. They only have one for the sounds (db) figure.

Quote Originally Posted by euroRwannabe View Post
    ...even the Modulo Springs for lowering (also heard some very good reviews on it, however it takes about 1-2 weeks for the car to settle in to the suspension.)...
    There is no Modulo spring mate, there is Modulo coilovers though (LEO from JDM concept sell this and have it on his CU2)
    Last edited by denot; 26-05-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09
    I paid around $400 (USD). I ordered it from Injen, through a local dealer (I am in South Africa). I am sure that installing a CAI will affect warantee, but I really dont care :-)

I will post pics and vids once the shipment has arrived. I cant wait!

Interesting to see what difference it makes.
    I got 5 yrs warrenty from Honda, so i cant do much mod.
    I m limited to only cosmetic mod for 5 yrs i guess..haha..
    Planning to add front lip and skirts.
    What CU2 mod is popular in SA?
    Saw some nice mod pics from russia..
    Thx

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    There is no Modulo spring mate, there is Modulo coilovers though (LEO from JDM concept sell this and have it on his CU2)
    woops that's what i meant, yeah I plan to install the Modulo Coilover Performance Suspension the same one Leo from JDM concept installed, looks good.

and is there ANYONE out there for the Muffler/Exhaust Tip Suggestion?

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    G'day guys great idea I asked a similar question in another thread in regards to what is the stock size of the exhaust pipe pretty sure 2 1/4 inch? Just need someone to clarify
    I went to a muffler place in brissie and got a quote for just a muffler change and charged me approx $450 for both Inc labour
    guess that's not too bad

u could always just find a muffler and tip with the same diameter and get the stock ones replaced and welded on

I know there's a guy on acuraZine who has magnaflow tips on his cu2 and they sound decent

get that and a cai and ur sorted

Quote Originally Posted by nesterjester View Post
    get that and a cai and ur sorted
    but still only as fast as the one just install cai and $450 richer than you

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family