Member Array
    Car:
    s14a

Efi conversion issues?!?!

Hey guys,
    just wondering If anyone can help me out.

-I am currently undergoing a b16 swap into an eg breeze.
    -All efi parts have been converted, engine and wiring and dash has been put in.
    -Once key is in ignition every works as it should.
    -fuel pump primes when key is in ON position

BUT when we try crank it car does not start! We have yet to identify wether or not the starter motor is operating correctly...
    The thing is once the key moves back into the ON position after we try crank it, the fuel pump primes again...??? Also if we leave the key in the ON position every couple of minutes the fuel pump automatically primes again..???

-also there is a check engine code "6"

Anyone that has any idea that can help diagnose the problem?
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Last edited by thaizeg; 07-06-2010 at 09:41 AM.
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    im sure someone else will help out but i know my car wont start if my earths on top of the fan switch arnt attached which are probably attached the the engine coolant temp sender. so i say use ecumans PGMFI Diagnostics thread ( http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67460 ) and get it fixed up and it should fire.

after having a gaze at his thread i read "The ECU monitors the ECT to determine Injector Duty, Ignition Timing and Idle speed." so i take it the ecu wont even try starting without it working.

hope this helps but again im sure someone more educated will come in and shine a light
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Thanks for the tip man, we will try tonight my other mate suggested grounding as well as that is what it sounds like so far, no idea about the priming issue but. Hopefully we me and thaizeg can work this out fkn drains my life

Also another thing I might as if someone knows is, the Radiator is still the standard item so the hose is smaller then the b16 one, the bottom hose I managed to get into the block by stretching it abit and clamping however the top hose is too big for the radiator inlet and it's leaking out, any suggestions on a hose I should use for this or just use the old one and try stretch again?

Oh we are also not getting any power to the heater/blower fans there's lights behind the dash but when we turn it on no air flow.
    Last edited by vyets; 07-06-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    s14a
    Thanks randy.
    I figured the ECT was a problem but because the thread u linked me to stated that the car will run under 'limp mode' I thought it should still start or at least try to start. There is no sound from the starter motor at all.
    Vyet and I will look into the grounding points and see if that will help.

The main issue I'm worried about is the fuel pump periodically priming by itself when key is at ON position.
    FYS

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    ohhhhh my fault, i thought it said the car does crank but wont fire. my silly bad
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    ITS ALIVEE!!!!!!!!! woooo problem was starter motor grounding wire.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    s14a
    Yea all good now. Still no power to heater fans. ECT has been fixed. Need to replace map sensor now.
    Ahhhhh FML...
    Hondas drain my life lol
    FYS