Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

engine Wear on an s2000?

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question for those of you who have had there s2k since it was pretty mutch born.

Have you felt a decrease in power/ torque and that like new tightness as your s2000 has aged a bit.

I ask this question as i am buying my first one and it seems like at the moment in my price range of 23-27k there seems to be only 99 or 00 Models with Just over 100 000kms on them. Of course log books for proof of a regular servicing helps but i am very padantic about my cars.

Please dont flame me, im am merely new to the s2000 community and have no guidence other than what is on this website in regards to buying one.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

And on another note, does any one know any history or the owner of this car:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=43&silo=1011

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    uhhhhhh does that say "NEW SPARK PLUGS x 5" ?? huh? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuchan View Post
    uhhhhhh does that say "NEW SPARK PLUGS x 5" ?? huh? Lol.
    Hopefully thats a typo, or he found somewhere else to put one. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Have a look at this one. IMO its the best one on the market and ive been looking for the past few weeks

but no matter how many times i look at it, the cars color isnt gonna change to white
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    honda s2000
    Hopefully thats a typo, or he found somewhere else to put one. lol
    lmaoo..

Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    Have a look at this one. IMO its the best one on the market and ive been looking for the past few weeks

but no matter how many times i look at it, the cars color isnt gonna change to white
    Thanks for that one mate but i think its sold, i sent him a message yesterday asking if it was available and did not receive anything back. Ill ring him to confirm tommorow.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    Pretty reliable engines, but over on the US forums people have reported needing to replace the timing chain tensioner. So you might want to look for that for cars over 100,000kms

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    how long you been looking for a GPW?

good luck with the search. and I'm sure you know you'll pay a premium for a decent condition one.

I looked for around 4-5 months, religiously checking carsales every couple of hours (ease of iPhones, lol). I was dead set on white and hated NFR.

however the ideal NFR turned up on s2ki and it was an offer I couldn't refuse. I took the plunge and gave up on my GPW aspirations.

3 months down the track, and I've fallen head over heels for NFR. couldn't give a sh*t about GPW now (though it still looks good)

the S is one of those looks good in any colour cars. with the current state of the market and quality of cars available, unless you've got all the patience in the world to wait, buy the car, not the colour. you'll end up loving whatever colour you get.

my 2c.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Thanks for the insight

Ive had interest for the past 2 months but ive only sold my EK this month. There was a decent GPW for 25k of a mates mate but i didnt have the money then.

Im sure it will be a nice car regardless of colour but red or silverstone dont appeal to me as much as others. Montecarlo blue and black id consider.

Ive got another car to drive atm so ill be patient and wait for a 00-01 GPW w/ red interior to pop up. Im a fussy buyer lol
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Thanks for the insight

Ive had interest for the past 2 months but ive only sold my EK this month. There was a decent GPW for 25k of a mates mate but i didnt have the money then.

Im sure it will be a nice car regardless of colour but red or silverstone dont appeal to me as much as others. Montecarlo blue and black id consider.

Ive got another car to drive atm so ill be patient and wait for a 00-01 GPW w/ red interior to pop up. Im a fussy buyer lol
    haha no probs.

I was about to buy a white one in QLD, an s2ki member offered to check it out for me and it seemed pretty good. had a prof. inspection done, and it showed quite a few broken mounts etc (on a 70,000km car). easily fixed, but who knows what's going on internally..

but, if you do find the perfect white car, you'll absolutely love it. g'luck with the search

PM sent. I have one for sale, cleaner than the red one.