Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic

Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway bar kit.

Hey Guys
    I was looking at upgrading my rear sussy cos the back of my civic felt loose coming around corners.

the current options available was the OBX subframe brace w/ Sway bar from ebay. but i was lookn at the cost and it was a little too much for my liking. the other option was the get hold of a EK9 rear sway bar, but this is soo rare.

So after speaking to a mate of my he recommend I try Whiteline. He said it was the best bang for buck upgrade that he could see.
    So for $275 i got all of this. Call Wholesale Suspension in penrith ask for Stuart. 02 4721 2112
    and it only cos me $20 to have it courier to Campbelltown.

Ill install hopefully on the weekend and let u guys know how i go with all of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Thats an awsome price RRP $329 how did u get it for that price?
    Last edited by blabla; 27-05-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    That's the price he gave over the phone.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Nice nice at that price I'm gonna get one too. Hopefuly I can get it to fit properly that I have now I have had to bend it out due to exhaust pipping

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    i had that kit on my old ek for 2 years then i sold the car. was great and i hammered that thing. best bang for buck!
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    that rear support bracing looks awfully weak, compared to the chunky ASR kit... but if it works, i guess thats were ill b lookin at next

Let us know how it goes man, its hell of betta than blowin $600 for ASR an EK9...

Still a poorly designed piece of kit.

What's the point of all this bracing , when

1. There is STILL no backing plates to link the subframe to the brace ( reinforce)
    2. Fasteners are not equal or more than OEM tensile strength.

Whiteline has not learned anything from it's previous issues and design - it's a nicer looking version of the same
    old breakable thing.

AVOID

Note..... Notice how the asr uses back braces to clamp the brace to the oem
    subframe - thus spreads the load upon a plane instead of little points where the whiteline one does.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Still a poorly designed piece of kit.

What's the point of all this bracing , when

1. There is STILL no backing plates to link the subframe to the brace ( reinforce)
    2. Fasteners are not equal or more than OEM tensile strength.

Whiteline has not learned anything from it's previous issues and design - it's a nicer looking version of the same
    old breakable thing.

AVOID

Note..... Notice how the asr uses back braces to clamp the brace to the oem
    subframe - thus spreads the load upon a plane instead of little points where the whiteline one does.
    Hmm interesing to read your points. I actually understand +1 rep but for $275 inc 22mm sb and that support is a good price ! maybe just use the swaybar. Do whiteline make solid bars not hollow

i have the same kit on my eg5 but i used a proper asr and dc2r D-bush brackets. works wonders.

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    got a mate using the same kit on his ek1 no problems....

I had the old design kit on my EM1 for a few years and it broke my sub-frame. I complained to whiteline and they payed for half the repair bill as well as supplying me the new design kit for free.

I had the old damage welded up and the new kit fitted. About a year and a half later my sub-frame cracked again in the same spot. Can't be 100% sure if it was the swaybar setup that broke it the second time, or if it was a bad weld job. But when AKmotorworks looked at it, they told me that the previous weld job was pretty average.

I still have the whiteline kit in the garage somewhere. AKmotorworks welded it up again properly this time and I ended up buying the Function7 rear brace kit. Not cheap but looks the goods and so far no problems

To be honest I wouldn't recommend this kit at all. spend the extra and avoid the consequences.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    so how does the new white line kit look?, jus curious, as im looking into running 22mm rear sway bar... have they revised much as into structural overall, as to fixing what happened to you?

i mean spending more than 650 for asr combo, for me that is, is quite expensive comin from a student, lol, so 275 or so is quite reasonable