Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic

94 EG VTI Gearbox help

I have a 94 Vti civic and the gearbox is making a grinding noise all through the revs and every gear. Iv'e been searchin for the same gearbox for ages now and haven't been able to locate one. Is there any other gearbox i can put in possibly from another civic that is hydro clutch?

Thanks for the help guys.

i got a d16y1 engine and gearbox at home, just the clutch bearing makes noises, easily changed.

Member Array
    Car:
    Red 95 Eg5
    My uncle and I just fixed that problem on my gearbox last weekend, cost me around $80 for bearing and three other seals on the gearbox.

Not such an easy job though, it will take at least a weekend to do, also consider that you need to order the bearing.
    Or
    Buy a d15b gearbox, closer ratios...probably you would feel a better pull from the car.

check this:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=ISB
    I ♥ my Backyard Special

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    gearbox out of a Gli will fit, but the gearing is slightly different between it and the Vti. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are the same ratios but 4th and 5th are shorter in the VTi box. For everyday driving it probably wouldn't make much of a difference

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic
    hey i amn now considering just getting the gli box for my vti so my question now is , is the gli box hydro clutch or cable? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    its hydro. all EGs are

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 Civic
    Cool thanks alot for the feedback mate appreciate it.