Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    99 Ek1 civic

Smile OEM Ek9 front strut brace fit on 99 Ek1 civic????

Hi guys,

i just want to know if a OEM Ek9 front strut will fit on my Ek1 civic straight bolt on???? dun wanna drill holes and that on my car.

Cheers

It is straight bolt on if the holes are already there..if not, you have to drill 2 holes on each side near suspension there but normally all the holes are already there.

LOUIS
    JDM-Channel
    ---JDM-Channel
    Official Website: www.jdm-channel.com

Dimensions same ( same chassis ) but there isn't mounting bolts in place.

You must drill the 4 x holes then use 4 x bolts and 4 x nuts to secure the brace.

This brace , is exactly the same as dc2 vtir and ek4/em1 braces except red instead of black

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Dimensions same ( same chassis ) but there isn't mounting bolts in place.

You must drill the 4 x holes then use 4 x bolts and 4 x nuts to secure the brace.

This brace , is exactly the same as dc2 vtir and ek4/em1 braces except red instead of black
    This brace , is exactly the same as dc2 vtir and ek4/em1 braces except red, and thicker.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

I think you will find it's thicker because it is painted with crinkle style paint ( same as camcover) not because of it's material properties. Unless , you have stripped back the oem vtir and ek9 chassis braces , and measured the
    thicknesses with a vernier caliper ?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    I think you will find it's thicker because it is painted with crinkle style paint ( same as camcover) not because of it's material properties. Unless , you have stripped back the oem vtir and ek9 chassis braces , and measured the
    thicknesses with a vernier caliper ?
    metal thickness is 3mm, def not because of paint.
    don't have the black one atm but im sure that it's not as thick.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    metal thickness is 3mm, def not because of paint.
    don't have the black one atm but im sure that it's not as thick.
    Measure the actual tube metal thickness , and ID and OD , plus the mounting plates thickness for a local OEM part to compare. I might have one in the garage somewhere to compare.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Measure the actual tube metal thickness , and ID and OD , plus the mounting plates thickness for a local OEM part to compare. I might have one in the garage somewhere to compare.
    id is 20mm
    od is 26mm

i have no idea how to measure mounting plate thickness.
    S P A M | W O R K S

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    id is 20mm
    od is 26mm

i have no idea how to measure mounting plate thickness.
    same as you measure any other metal...grab the vernier and grip the outer edge - thats 3mm correct ?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    same as you measure any other metal...grab the vernier and grip the outer edge - thats 3mm correct ?
    the mounting plate bends and vernier caliper doesnt bend like that. assuming theyre the same thickness, the measurement of metal sheet is 3.5mm
    S P A M | W O R K S

ahh k i thought you could just nip the very out edge - this would still give an accurate result. Can you also weigh it too with kitchen scales or similar ?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    ahh k i thought you could just nip the very out edge - this would still give an accurate result. Can you also weigh it too with kitchen scales or similar ?
    sorry chuck, my weighing asian scale is shithouse. wont detect the difference between 1kg-2kg lol
    give us the thickness of vtir black strut, im quite sure that we can differentiate by that.
    S P A M | W O R K S