Thread: gear stick

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    OK ppls, i bought a gear knob off someone - like the teggy type R metal ones - it's actually off an Accord Type R. Anyway, it is a lot smaller than my previous standard gear knob and now there is this long black metal naked bar and looks a little poxy. Is there anyway to get a shorter bar or just make it "disappear" so the leather bit is right near the gear knob. I obviously did not think through the purchase very well. :evil:

would it help if u bought a short shifter...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY02 WRX
    go to super cheap and buy some new gear assembly cover.... pick a different colour if you want too ....

worth a shot

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    see phils - i don't exactly know where and what the short shifter does - me not technically minded in car stuff. So is the stick bit thingy a part of the short shifter??

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    a short shifter does not mean that the stick is shoter
    it just means that the throw is shorter
    anyway, skeet, the naked stick is normal on type Rs etc

i seconded what tangy mentioned, and the other way out is to see if honda australia has the locking nut retainer, it a piece of plastic that it attached to the locking nut and in that way hold up the shift boot.

else get some sticky and hold it up by means....