Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR

Purchasing an S2K interstate

So I have been looking at a few S2Ks in carsales. I am unable to find any that I like in Vic so I started looking at ones interstate. I have seen a few in QLD and am somewhat interested. I know normally you will go inspect the car visually, take it for a drive etc etc and then organise an independant car inspection for it. I am just concerned with how all the transaction / delivery / transfer etc will work being interstate.

- How do I get a bank cheque to the seller ?
    - When will the guy release the car ?
    - There will be paperwork to be done, how can I sign this
    - Does QLD rego transfer to VIC ?

I am sure there are other questions that I havent asked that I will when the time comes. Has anyone bought a car interstate who can maybe give me a list of things that I need or should do or how the whole process will occur ?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    why don't you just fly up, drive back....

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    ive only had my s2 for almost 3 months now and i looked at interstate all the time until i thought about how much hassel it would be, best bet would be maybe get someone on this forum to have a look at the car first (if they are willing to) then fly up, now my dad works for qantas so i could of flown to qld for about 20 bucks but there was that much hassel i didnt even bother about it, pretty sure they have different versions of roadworthies in different states so you would have to get it all done down here all over again and pray that there is nothing wrong. best bet would be to buy here though in my oppinion

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    that's pretty much right.

you'll need to re-register in vic (which requires a vic RWC) so the Qld rego is virtually useless (as far as i can remember). not too sure about the rest of those questions.

i suppose you'd have to pay via electronic transfer rather than bank cheque?

PM sent
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"