Member Array
    Car:
    CU2

CU2 highbeam not working

Hi guys, my front left high-beam decided to stop working today.. anyone have/had same problem?
    i tried placing normal halogen bulbs back in but those dont work either,,, its scaring me...

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Check fuses. Since you said " Tried replacing normal halogen bulbs " im guessing you had different bulbs in there.

If you had a higher wattage bulb, you have more current load on your high beam circuit. Or if you got an aftermarket one regardless of the wattage, or just different colour temperature it also can effect it.

Your high beam shouldnt be blowing unless you use it very often. Another thing to check for is any condensation in the headlight or water. Slightest contamination on a halogen bulb will blow it.

I dont know about Hondas in general but most modern cars run relays for practically anything that draws current. I doubt theyll run seperate relays for each side bulbs. But its good to check, unless someone can confirm they share a relay or dont use one at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    Check fuses. Since you said " Tried replacing normal halogen bulbs " im guessing you had different bulbs in there.

If you had a higher wattage bulb, you have more current load on your high beam circuit. Or if you got an aftermarket one regardless of the wattage, or just different colour temperature it also can effect it.

Your high beam shouldnt be blowing unless you use it very often. Another thing to check for is any condensation in the headlight or water. Slightest contamination on a halogen bulb will blow it.

I dont know about Hondas in general but most modern cars run relays for practically anything that draws current. I doubt theyll run seperate relays for each side bulbs. But its good to check, unless someone can confirm they share a relay or dont use one at all.
    thanks OMG. well there is no condensation, and the fuse is fine. i find it really weird that only one side work and the other doesn't. i did have Hids in there. and it was working fine till today, also i rarely get to use my Hid highbeams.. mmm i dont know hey...im thinking could it be the plug???

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Check the connector and wiring. Look for signs of melting. Change to another halogen bulb. The one you tried might be dead for some reason.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    Hi guys, my front left high-beam decided to stop working today.. anyone have/had same problem?
    i tried placing normal halogen bulbs back in but those dont work either,,, its scaring me...

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Your car should still be under warranty. If I were you I will bring it straight back to the dealer to let them sort it out. After all that is the reason for paying big bucks, buying new for a peace of mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    okok.. ill will check tomro..thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    hi guys, i check the halogen bulbs, both work on the right side but it doesnt on the left,, the wire seems fine on the left but im no mechanic.. its booked in for some new wipers so ill ask honda about on tuesday.. thanks heap everyone...