Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    how much would like a CL7 be?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    brand new would be around 32K i believe...but the whole point of this tradeoff is so i dont have to take out any money out of pocket

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    but u do get the k24. much much better than a second hand k20z2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    i believe u can ask for a sunroof on a FD1
    i've seen a few out there on the roads

and apparently installing aftermarket bucket seats are illegal, correct me if i'm wrong

fog lights are just for look, heard that police will stop for those who use fog lights while it's not foggy

I'd vote for FD1
    for me i love to have a car that is brand new, that i can take care of it from day 1 haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclus View Post
    and apparently installing aftermarket bucket seats are illegal, correct me if i'm wrong
    I dont think so unless your seats has airbags (which the new ones do) which is kinda why i want the FD2

fog lights are just for look, heard that police will stop for those who use fog lights while it's not foggy
    This is true but i always get out of the house at 8am and at this time theres always fog....not tons but the other day it was foggy enough for me not to see a km away..the only time i will have it on when there is no fog is photo shooting lol

for me i love to have a car that is brand new, that i can take care of it from day 1 haha
    I like that idea too but climate controls and audio steering wheel controls + sunroof is alluring....

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    but u do get the k24. much much better than a second hand k20z2
    That is true but in that case i might as well stick with the CL7 i have now....i was convinced by my dad after some debate with my parents about getting a newer car...i been resistant but i like the look of the civic now especially the dash + interior not to mention the exterior style....i also prefer having a smaller car
    Last edited by Nairda; 07-06-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1

I'd vote for FD1
    didnt know that sunroof was an option in the fd1. wasnt in the old prefacelift brochure lol.

aftermarket bucketseats arent illegal. unless ur in a coupe and it prevents others from entering or exiting ur car from the back. in some cases u still need to get them certified by an engineer.. but the buckets also reduce the safety of ur car, if ur factory seats came with air bags. luckily (or maybe unfortunately lol) for the 06-08 fd1's, there are no seat airbags.

as for foglights. they are great for looks. i installed some aftermarket ones a couple of years ago and pretty much drive with them on all the time. i know that u can be pulled over by the popo for having them on, but hasn't happened yet in 2 years *knocks on wood*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    why do u want climate controls so bad?
    it's kinda like having a smoking area and a non-smoking area at the same place
    if it's front / rear climate control, that would make more sense
    anyway it's just my preference

for sunroof , again just ask the dealers
    if they said no (they probably would, as they would convince you to buy the more costly FD2), just tell them the other dealer has provided with such offer
    see how it goes
    a friend of mine has got rear camera installed in her FD1,
    it's aftermarket though, but Honda install it for her, so it's a complete peace of mind (and it comes with the warrenty, too)
    so i'd say anything can be installed, as long as you ask, provided with a reasonable price as well

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    as for foglights. they are great for looks. i installed some aftermarket ones a couple of years ago and pretty much drive with them on all the time. i know that u can be pulled over by the popo for having them on, but hasn't happened yet in 2 years *knocks on wood*
    where to get good quality aftermarket foggy?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1 MY09
    where to get good quality aftermarket foggy?

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    this is true i saw an FD1 with sunroof...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    True, i saw quite a few FD1 with sunroof which are installed by Honda, just one thing is too exoensive

The after market foglight you can get out ot Ebay. I got one for 170 AUD incl shipping and the labour cost for install is vary from 60 to 70. You can DIY the fitment, i did but i failed to connect the wire into dashboard due to lack of equioment and not being good at electric

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 EuroLux07
    why do u want climate controls so bad?
    I dont get the smoking analogy...

The reason i want it is so in the end i won't be "downgrading" too much... im going from a superior CL7 Lux with everything inc. sunroof, clim control, rain sensing wipers, electric heated seats...

Bear in mind the reason im swapping out is because although the car was repaired ( hail damage) by honda and it still looks mint, my dad is skeptical about their work