Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R

LSD Function check (DC2R & DC5R)

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to do an operational LSD check on both DC2R and DC5R while the vehicle's stationary & engine turned off etc...

Would be a great help if anyone knows....
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Helical LSD will act like an open diff off the ground (or when one wheel is unloaded), so wheels will turn opposite directions if one is spun with the car off the ground. However, if in gear and if one wheel is held/stopped, and the other is turned, there should be resistance to doing so. If its as easy to turn as when the other wheel is not stopped, then the LSD is not working.

Helical LSD's don't wear out though, i guess they could break or the gears could get damaged, but their function should not change over time like a Viscous or Mechanical / Clutch type LSD.

VLSD - in neutral both wheels unloaded both should turn the same way. One wheel held/stopped the other wheel should be difficult, to turn, but won't be super difficult to turn, should feel some resistance.
    Mechanical - in neutral both wheels unloaded both should turn the same way. One wheel held/stopped the other wheel should be extremely difficult to move or maybe not be moved at all depending on the LSD function and preload.
    Last edited by CoZZm0; 02-06-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Very hard to check stationary mate.

Helical LSD's dont work without a specific load. Or no load.

Helical LSD's work as a normal diff on light load driving. On a front wheel drive they have to.
    If they lock up while turning, youll get understeer like no tomorrow.

To be honest mate. This isnt the right way of doing it. But get soapy water. Splash it under your front wheels. Pull the handbrake. And spin the wheels for a few seconds while someone observes both wheels.

If both turn. Its working. If one turns. You got a problem. Or its not getting enough load.

Really. Technically speaking. If there is no drive to one side, you wont be moving at all. Itll be like snapping a driveshaft with a normal diff. There will be no drive at all.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Thanks!, do you guys know if DC5r's are helical as well, i know for sure the DC2's are. My mates DC5r understeer like hell in the wet and occasionally on dry.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    AUDM DC2R's are helical, whilst JDM is Vicious

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    Thanks!, do you guys know if DC5r's are helical as well, i know for sure the DC2's are. My mates DC5r understeer like hell in the wet and occasionally on dry.
    Yes, DC5R's LSD is helical too.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2