Hi guys.

I've just picked up a 1995 DC2 VTi-R about 2 and a half weeks ago, and since I got it it's been running mechanically ok, VTEC was engaging fine until now.

Yesterday I degreased my engine bay and gave it a hose down. I did make sure to tie plastic bags around the air filter and the ignition when I hosed it down. Even after this, VTEC was still working fine, but then I get up this morning, go out to my car, warm it up as always, start driving, wait until it's up to running temp and went to hit VTEC and nothing...? The entire day VTEC has not been engaging at all. No change in noise. No boost of power, not even a small one. Even up at 7200RPM nothing.

I've read up about possible causes such as a CEL but the light isn't on. Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Checked oil level. Fine.
2. Checked ECU for fault codes. None. Light just stays on.
3. Reset the ECU. No effect.
4. Pulled off VTEC solenoid, checked the filter and it seems fine, however I still gave the inside of the housing and the filter a little clean before chucking it back in. No effect.
5. Cleaned out the wiring connections (power and oil pressure) to the solenoid. No effect.
6. Put external power to the solenoid via the battery and a 10 amp cable to test it and you can hear the click of the piston, so it must still be functioning properly.

Gah! I just don't understand! Could it be a wiring problem or something electrical? I would think if this was the case the ECU would throw a code or a CEL but it doesn't.

Another thing I tried was disconnecting different plugs and turning the ignition to ON(II) (not start) one at a time and the engine light stayed on for all (as it should) except the VTEC oil pressure switch on the solenoid. So I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that because its just a switch or what?

Please help! I don't wanna take my car to a workshop, every time I do I get my car back with some sort of damage...

Canberra mechanics are almost always dodgy and careless...