Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array

why would i bother doing a b18c swap onto my ek??

someone tell me why?

i drive an ek1 right now and i want more powerrr and a bit more luxury features..

i could do a b18c swap onto my ek1, but for the same amount of money i could sell my ek1, save up a bit more to buy like an ep3 or dc5, which already has the power, and some luxury features from factory.

i was thinking some turbo cars like rex and evo, but i wont be off my ps for the next 2.5 years.

so, can someone tell me why its better for me to do an engine swap onto my ek1??

naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    how do you define save a bit more though. The best price you can sell for your EK1 might e 7000?
    DC5 or EP3 cost you about 21-23k
    You need to save up a lot more to get another 14k to buy ep3 or dc5.
    engine conversion will usually cost you about 8k asking someone to do it for you. Doing it yourself will only cost you 6k i say?
    So assuming that you are going to do it yourself, you'll be paying 13k for your EK1 with B18C

Simple maths i guess
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Member Array
    i will be parting out a few quality aftermarket parts, and i forgot to mention ive only clocked 75000kms on the engine, so the car is pretty fresh.

so if i can pull off 10k all up, plus 8k for b18c thats 18k. and if i was to get my mate to import an ep3, he said probably yea around 20k to 22k.

so thats only 4k more, and i have electric windows, airbags, better interior, recaros, better brakes, the list goes on..

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    If you've got 18,000 why not get a Skyline or DC2r or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Most people that do conversions on this site, usually have a runabout... so they do it just for the fun of it. IMO you should sell up save and buy a newer better car, that way you don't have to waste time and money figuring out a conversion.

I agree with gooner there are some really good cars in that price range, best n/a car though for that price would be the DC2r

u wish 10k for ur EK1, ppl sellin dc2r for 15k.. ek1 even with those ks, wont be sold for 10k until ages. ur looking at best 8k for ur car.

EKs in sydney go for about 5k LOL

btw you'd only convert the engine if you love ur car, doesnt sound like u love the car
    Last edited by MWAKU; 03-06-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAKU View Post
    u wish 10k for ur EK1, ppl sellin dc2r for 15k.. ek1 even with those ks, wont be sold for 10k until ages. ur looking at best 8k for ur car.

EKs in sydney go for about 5k LOL
    did i say i have some quality parts to part out as well? prob 7-8k for the car, then make up for the 10k with parts.

oh really? what u got, saw ur build thread, imo replica parts never add to the price of the car. but i dunno how it is in melb, but there are a few EK like urs going for 6k, but slighty higher Ks but still, when it come sto crunch time, they wish they will get 8k for a 10+ year old car. regardless of motor health, all suspension components, interior, things like that are old.

you will only get what the market is willing to pay
    Last edited by MWAKU; 03-06-2010 at 12:07 AM.

Member Array
    oh really? what u got, saw ur build thread, imo replica parts never add to the price of the car. but i dunno how it is in melb, but there are a few EK like urs going for 6k, but slighty higher Ks but still, when it come sto crunch time, they wish they will get 8k for a 10+ year old car. regardless of motor health, all suspension components, interior, things like that are old.

you will only get what the market is willing to pay
    ah i see, that thread needs to be updated, now i got a few oem parts, oem ek9 wing, buddy club coilovers, new wheels, etc.

but nevertheless, i didnt start the thread to argue how much i can sell my car for, its more for the benefits/pros of an b18c implant compared to buying say an ep or dc5.

ofcourse newer car.

Member Array
    ofcourse newer car.
    lol not a very helpful response there but thanks nevertheless.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    well it is a helpful response... if you want more power then get a new car... if you love the look of your ek then engine swap... the reason why most people here do a swap is either to track their car OR get more power since their on your p's of some sort and cant go turbo..