Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Didnt Take Long - Lock/Unlock Indicator Flash not working

Hey all, just this morning i noticed that my central locking flash (through the indicators) wasnt working and was yesterday. I would try and trace the wiring diagram but the PDF file is on my other computer which is currently getting fixed atm.

Any ideas? Do they run simple relays or would it be a BCM problem??

Thanks in advance - not a life threadtening problem but still annoying none the less.

PS will make sure all doors lock/unlock, will check all fuses this afternoon, will check to see if hazard button works and its a 2004 euro cl9.
    Last edited by Neesmo31; 03-06-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hey mate,

100% it's the door actuator. My 06 euro indicator flash was not working either on the lock or unlock feature. I tried all the doors and they where locking and unlocking perfectly!
    I took it to Honda and they found it to be the right hand rear door actuator. They disabled the actuator and kept the rhr door locked and the indicators started working again when unlocking and locking.

Ordered and fitted a new actuator and it's now all good! Under warranty.

Very strange - But it's fixed

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks for that. Ill have a crack at it this afternoon and i will try and get some outcomes. How much did the diagnosis cost through honda??
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    God im over f***ing cars.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux
    yeah its a pain in the ass, my 04 euro started doing the same thing, but my on the passenger side. --' And the cars no longer under warranty XD ......
    let us know how it goes, because i still haven't got mine fixed. i just leave it locked.
    8===D

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Found the problem after bulk unlocking/locking. The rear right actuator motor isnt working now. If i lock the car, the rear right stays unlocked - then you open the door, lock that door manually, close the door and hit the lock button the indicators flash. So its in need of a new actuator.

The weirdest thing is that my front drivers side actuator was really slow at unlocking. Now it pops up as quick as all the other ones! Weird but fixed. Just need to get it done - lucky its still under 5000km stat warranty.

While i was mucking around with keyless stuff found the keyless window wind down function - kewl!

Thanks tknova for your direction. Still hate cars though.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesmo31 View Post
    Found the problem after bulk unlocking/locking. The rear right actuator motor isnt working now. If i lock the car, the rear right stays unlocked - then you open the door, lock that door manually, close the door and hit the lock button the indicators flash. So its in need of a new actuator.

The weirdest thing is that my front drivers side actuator was really slow at unlocking. Now it pops up as quick as all the other ones! Weird but fixed. Just need to get it done - lucky its still under 5000km stat warranty.

While i was mucking around with keyless stuff found the keyless window wind down function - kewl!

Thanks tknova for your direction. Still hate cars though.
    Good too see you had an outcome!
    Make sure you mention to the dealership that your rhf door actuator is on the way.

Had this problem with my previous CU2. One of those rubber thingies broke inside the hood... So, it wasnt making contact when the hood was closed. Car thought it was still opened, and hence, no flashing lights

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Campaign long departed - fixed it ages ago.
    Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03'
    Anyone got a DIY up for fixing the autuator yet? Cause it sounds like it a pretty common problem among the cl9's

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux 04
    Quote Originally Posted by corb13 View Post
    Anyone got a DIY up for fixing the autuator yet? Cause it sounds like it a pretty common problem among the cl9's
    I called up honda and they said that the proportion of cars with this problem is like 0.2%. I think their stats are completely ****ed.