Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR

strange exhaust knocks...

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone could help me with a minor issue with my exhaust. At least I think it's my exhaust. So I just recently installed an OEM ITR muffler on my integra...nice and quiet. The thing is, there's a unusual knocking sound when I'm going over bumps as if the muffler is hitting the frame.

Keep it mind that I went back to the exhaust shop and inspected it out myself to see if anything was contacting. I even shook the exhaust to see if there was any chance of contact. Nothing still.

The bumper isn't hitting the exhaust. Everything in my boot is secured. I'm clueless to what it might be. It's not my coil-overs.

The knocking was only noticeable once I installed the ITR muffler. I know it's a larger muffler than my original spoon exhaust but there aren't any scratches on the muffler at all indicating it may be contacting the ground.

Any suggestions?
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda.
    Hey dude, check your cat it could be rubbing.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    It could b the muffler hitting the chassis

Check your B pipe that goes over your rear control arms. That could be touching the rear control arm. Won't be the muffler at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

agreed check your b-pipe.

could be hitting to the rear LCA

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    yup, probably hitting the LCA going over bumps, probably need to reweld the pipe.

Or maybe just newer or solid Hangers to stop it moving.
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTiR
    hummm. like i said, i've already inspected the exhaust out for myself and nothing is touching at all. me and the exhaust fitter agreed that the piping had enough clearance to avoid any sort of contact. i guess i'll need to check again...
    "it's peanut butter jelly time!"

Yeah i know what you mean, but maybe the rubber hangers on the exhaust get a bit soft from the heat and your zorst sways over bumps and make the knocking sound.