Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

Exclamation EM1 power window issues HELP!

hey guys/girls.

just wanted to know if other civic coupe owners out there hav had any issues with their power windows? mine have started to play up. the other day my driver side didnt work but was due to loose wire? today my passenger side doesnt work....

does anyone have any of these problems and how much do u reckon to fix?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    00' PY DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    hey guys/girls.

just wanted to know if other civic coupe owners out there hav had any issues with their power windows? mine have started to play up. the other day my driver side didnt work but was due to loose wire? today my passenger side doesnt work....

does anyone have any of these problems and how much do u reckon to fix?

cheers
    hi..am driving the EJ8...both the left and the right power windows are spolit...its a common fault for civic 2doors....go get it fix..shld range frm 300-500 for both sides
    I my Honda

EJ8 - DC2 - EM1 - DC2R - CP9A - CT9A - CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    yo, no problems as such... touch wood... maybe its jus unlucky F[L]Y
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 EM1
    no issues with mine.. other than my revs dropping a fair bit when im pulling both windows up...

maybe pop out the powerwindow console switch bit and see if any wires are loose?

you sure the powerwindow lock isnt on? hehe i've done that one before.. thought it was broken

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by Choongas
    no issues with mine.. other than my revs dropping a fair bit when im pulling both windows up...
    yeh i noticed that aswell.. not significant drops... refers to battery?...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

My driver's side squeaks like a biatch and shudders a little after heavy rain. Doesn't persist though - touchwood.

Other than that, I did have an issue with the passenger side window during early ownership of the car. Say the window was winding up, just past half-way, it'll basically crawl to a halt and then fully wind up ever so slowly. It was struggling.

Turns out that the motor/alternator mechanism that winds up/down the window basically died.

The car was under warranty then so I got things fixed w/o forking out any dough.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    fellas it helps to lube the glass rail with silicone lube to help prevent unessisary failure. this helps the window go up alot easier thus less load on the window regulator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    what was funny is that when the driver side died we jus pulled off the door and un did the wires and put them back together and it worked...

so what do u think it could be...are these jus symptoms for a more serious fault?

300-500 bucks to fix seems abit steep

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    hahaah.. glad it started working,,,
    my driver side stopped working.. bought ti back to honda warranty.. they lubed it and aligned it... all fixed...
    try not to close you door when window is down.(was told) stuffs the alignement
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    hehe driver side now works though passenger side doesnt work now...

so u reckon its an alignment thing?

On the topic of power windows, how would you guys get rid of annoying squeaky noises from winding up/down the window?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by .::F[L]Y::.
    what was funny is that when the driver side died we jus pulled off the door and un did the wires and put them back together and it worked...

so what do u think it could be...are these jus symptoms for a more serious fault?

300-500 bucks to fix seems abit steep

I did the same thing as you it worked as normal since. hhhm