Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 type R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    i dont think the h22 weighs much more, its just sits higher up/foward
    driven one of these h22 converted 3rd gen, i have a standard b20A6 3rd gen to compare. difference for me. h22a faster and alot of low end torque. due to size of the engine bay and h22a is quite big, so it had to fit back and low in the bay. the added weight don't appear to be much on paper, but when i driven it, i felt its head heavery. and over steer by alot, thats with the upgrade suspensions and etc..
    TBH i reckon h22a is not the best idea,, i've already decide to rebuild my b20a for my 3rd gen.
    why you ask,
    1 cheaper,
    2 less problem compare to conversion.
    3 if i want more power, turbo is the way to go, it would kick out more power.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    All the boys have good points^^^ I personally didn't feel too much weight diff with my H22 setup but maybe cause my suspension is upgraded.

Have you tried looking on Preludeaustralia.com for more info?
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 type R
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmods View Post
    All the boys have good points^^^ I personally didn't feel too much weight diff with my H22 setup but maybe cause my suspension is upgraded.

Have you tried looking on Preludeaustralia.com for more info?
    Chris, your H22a on the 3rd gen is the god of the 3rd Gen... with so much time invested.. if you still had issues.. lol
    did you finish the 5stud conversion?

H22a swap in a 3rd gen does not over all affect the handeling a great deal once you do some small up grades to the suspension. The swap has been mad much more simple these days compaired to when i did mine years ago

get a half cut for bulk of the parts u need then hit up some mounts and drive shafts. one key is to brace your front cross members as i cracked 2 of them in half!
    The motor will sit rather low which will limit your overall height of the car and the stock suspension is way to soft to prevent you hitting the sump (cracked one of them to), U can mount the motor heigher but need a custom bonnet and then your center of gravity is higher which is where u will feel a loss in handeling.

These days to be honest u will do a h22 conversion rather cheap, well under 10k with some nice mods is easy to get done (mods would include intake, header, exhaust and such) I honestly think if u shop around it will cost u 5-7k TOPS for the swap.

Need info then let me know.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd Gen Prelude
    I have also looked into this conversion and there is alot more to an engine swap than just bolting up the motor and box. Driver shafts need to be made ( Mega Buck$ ). P/S lines and A/C lines need to be made. AND THE BIG ONE IS ECU AND WIRING.

B20a are not OBDII compliant and there is a hell of a lot of messing around and time spend.

I am just going to drop a s/hand motor in mine as I also have upper valve train noise. You can pick up a B20a pretty cheap from a wrecker ( 250.00 to 300.00). I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

If you want a H23 power plant, sell you blow gen 3 on ebay and spend 5K on and gen 4 prelude and save yourself the hassels

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKight View Post
    I have also looked into this conversion and there is alot more to an engine swap than just bolting up the motor and box. Driver shafts need to be made ( Mega Buck$ ). P/S lines and A/C lines need to be made. AND THE BIG ONE IS ECU AND WIRING.

B20a are not OBDII compliant and there is a hell of a lot of messing around and time spend.

I am just going to drop a s/hand motor in mine as I also have upper valve train noise. You can pick up a B20a pretty cheap from a wrecker ( 250.00 to 300.00). I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

If you want a H23 power plant, sell you blow gen 3 on ebay and spend 5K on and gen 4 prelude and save yourself the hassels
    Actually this swap has been made much easier.

'AZ Race' makes the mounts, 'Rywire' does the wiring, 'Raxles' makes the axles/driver shaft etc Very few components for this swap are custom. Theres a link posted above earlier of what to get and where to get them for the H22 swap.
    mugen無限power

A h22a is eazy these days,
    People make mounts, make drive shafts, u cann keep ac and power steering with pully kits, its still a common swap in the USA and a H22a half cut is cheap as in comparsion to a B18c or K20.
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-