Thread: Tyre size help!

Member Array
    Car:
    Skateboard

Tyre size help!

Hey guys can someone help me out on tyre sizes and which is better for my car and i don't know much about tyres.
    running on my eg civic are 195/60/15's chunky as tyres i am looking for low profile tyres but i see tyres like this 205/50/15 and 195/50/15 what are the difference between those two ?

as my tyres are 195/60/15 which is way to huge, what type/size of tyres should be better on my 15 inch rims can someone help me out and if i was going to get a low profile tyre would it make my car a bit lower than it is standing now at 195/60/15's.

also BTW what is the best TYRE SHOP to buy my tyres from in my area - canley vale 2166
    Last edited by johnsta; 08-06-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 Civic
    pretty much the difference with the 205/50/15 and the 195/50/15 is the width of the tyre. obviously the 205 are more wider than the 195 by 10mm. this means that you have more contact on the road.

TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO READ YOUR TYRES HERES A AN EXPLANATION FOR YOU BRO.

Example #1: 205/65R15
    Size Designation: "205/65R15"
    205 - Section Width in mm
    65 IS THE HEIGHT BETWEEN THE INNER CIRCUMFERENCE AND THE OUTER CIRCUMFERENCE
    R - indicates radial casing construction (YOUR RIM SIZE)

GETTING A LOW PROFILE TYRE CAN LOWER THE CAR DOWN BUT IT'LL MAKE THE GAP BIGGER BETWEEN THE GUARDS AND THE TYRES SO IT WILL LOOK LIKE 4WD LOL.
    I HAD LOW PROFILES BEFORE AND TO ME PERSPECTIVE THEY UNCOMFORTABLE.

I HOPE THIS HELPS MAN.. I SHOULD GET REP POINT FROM YOU LOL