Thread: Gearbox issues

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR

Gearbox issues

When driving the gear revs normally but then randomly pauses/stops revving, then when i slam my foot down it regains power and revs up but has the same problem whenever i shift. Ive done a major service and replaced everything so it cant be plugs, leads, dizzy oil etc

I was just wandering, is the gearbox causing this, because the problem started the day after i got my g box replaced or could it have something to do with the engine?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    If it has been happening directly since the gearbox was replaced.
    Seems likely something was left unplugged or incorrectly placed. Start by checking all plug connections to all sensors and earth connections.

Sounds like loose bad tps or map sensor perhaps - that is , the car wants to stall when no load or idle rpms

check around your throttle body area make sure all sensors are plugged in and that grounds are tight etc

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Sounds like loose bad tps or map sensor perhaps - that is , the car wants to stall when no load or idle rpms

check around your throttle body area make sure all sensors are plugged in and that grounds are tight etc
    Thanks man, just another question how can you tell if the leads or dizzy are problematic?

Member Array
    Car:
    na2 typeR
    Ive finally gotten the problem fixed...it was a number of issues

Firstly the ignition leads were faulty as two of them were cracked from the inside.
    and also the bolt on the inside of the distributor cap was loose, i tightened it and now the car runs like a dream.

Thanks for the help boys, it saved me alot of time and money doing it myself.