Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Prep FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nny View Post
    1100000% AGREE, very very shit indeed....you can't get any good feeling or confidence knowing your going to slow down enough !!!

AGREE
    Hahaha im glad you feel the same way, they are already shit enough for what they are on the street...you could only imagine what it is like on track.........

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    I can agree a million % with you regarding the LSD.

Having owned an 07 FN2R to now driving a 10 FN2R, I can definitely say it makes huge improvements.
    Before I'd feel car the car not turning and having less grip means loosing traction, however now the car just grips crazy.

Out of curiosity which LSD does the 10 FN2R use?
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    Extremely annoying...I think you would know exactly what i meant haha.
    Since I won't be seeing track that often, maybe only a few times per year, I would prefer a helical type lsd and will most likely go for an oem k20 lsd since i can source them around the $500 mark.

From your experience, did changing suspension improve your lap times on your car? Why did you choose KW over other brands available? I don't much about KW, so please fill me in!
    What are the spring rates on KW coilovers? And are they idependently height adjustable to spring preload? I also noticed that there are 3 variants available, what is best suited for daily driving and some track/circuit work?
    haha was no brainer really... I wouldn't touch Japanese suspension with a 10-foot pole
    and these guys were the first to come out with coilovers for the FN2, so... there were no other brands available! lol

V1 is only height adjustable, V2 adds rebound adjustment, V3 adds bump adjustment
    the valving is all very similar, only a matter of how much time will you spend tweaking the settings.
    springs are progressive, so there's no linear spring rates per say.
    also no separate height adjustment to spring pre-load. KW products are made to be sold in Germany, they have to past very strict TUV test to be deemed road worthy.
    i.e. they aren't allowed to be too low otherwise some German bureaucrat (the most anal of bureaucrats) will fail the certification.
    I guess that should mean something, that they are certified for road use in Germany and not "For Race Use Only"
    could always just read the promo material: http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_valve_technology.php

the only other alternative I would consider (at least until Ohlins get around to making their kit) is AST: http://www.ast-suspension.com/sportline2.asp?make=Honda
    but there's very little info on them at the moment. Of course these suspension upgrades will improve lap times, but they are redundant without a good LSD.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    I had KW V2 in my Golf GTI (3yrs ago)
    They are too hardcore and I don't recommend them to you...unless you bringing a mechanic with you to track
    try adjust the rear damping you will know why

and how come you set the rear tyre pressure higher than the front?
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Congrats. Going on track is fun and shows all the flaws in the car's set up. Did your mate run continuous hot laps and did not cool down? Or did he just have an oil leak which caught fire?
    Aaron, yeah unfortunately my mates sti had an oil leak which dripped onto his exhaust manifold and sparked up a fire. The dangers of motorsport

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzy View Post
    I can agree a million % with you regarding the LSD.

Having owned an 07 FN2R to now driving a 10 FN2R, I can definitely say it makes huge improvements.
    Before I'd feel car the car not turning and having less grip means loosing traction, however now the car just grips crazy.

Out of curiosity which LSD does the 10 FN2R use?
    menzy, have u tracked ur car at Wakefield? I'm curious to know other peoples lap times with and without LSD. Can u actually feel the improvement on the street? I didn't think you could as I hardly ever break traction with the already grippy street tyres. The LSD would be the oem LSD used in all k20 gearboxes

Member Array
    Car:
    CW FN2R
    normal driving you will not feel any difference from having LSD
    but when you stomp on the gas at a corner's apex you will definately feel the LSD doing its work
    even on a normal right hand turn i can punch the accel in 2nd turning at 50 with no loss of traction with lsd
    but turn off VSA, the car feels weird with VSA active and using LSD lol steering is wobbly...

Member Array
    Car:
    spicy car
    I haven't tracked the car yet... want to break in some more ks before I even think about it.
    When you say the the oem LSD, which is what? I have no idea
    Wee Wee Waa Waa

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    It's a Honda oem helical type LSD which are found in k20a gearboxes such as the dc5r,ep3r and cl7

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 Civic Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by moo moo nel View Post
    I had KW V2 in my Golf GTI (3yrs ago)
    They are too hardcore and I don't recommend them to you...unless you bringing a mechanic with you to track
    try adjust the rear damping you will know why
    curious to know what you mean by that... I've adjusted my rear damping and still don't know why haha

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    ^ different car, different application, different style of adjusting dampening? im assuming its alot harder to adjust the dampening on the gti
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    for GTI if you want to adjust the rear damping, you have to take the whole rear shock off and then press it and twist
    how about FN2?
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614