Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Prep FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    second corner in wakefield i usually take it at about 100km/hr as well in my FN2R. I cut quite alot of the corner. For me personally i dont like to hit the apex of the first corner, i take the line on the left hand side of the track on the first corner and carry the speed into the second corner. 1:17 is not bad at all. I think the limit for Stock fn2 R is about 1:15 although my best time is in the low 1:16 . I think with your mods and more experience you will get in the 1:14s
    Triangular exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by sitta View Post
    second corner in wakefield i usually take it at about 100km/hr as well in my FN2R. I cut quite alot of the corner. For me personally i dont like to hit the apex of the first corner, i take the line on the left hand side of the track on the first corner and carry the speed into the second corner. 1:17 is not bad at all. I think the limit for Stock fn2 R is about 1:15 although my best time is in the low 1:16 . I think with your mods and more experience you will get in the 1:14s
    Very impressive I'll aim to get into 1.16s first and then work from there!
    Btw, now that I have the LSD installed, im assuming VSA will work in conjuction with no conflicts? Do you guys usually turn VSA off at track or leave it on?
    Any advantages/disadvantages to leaving it on?

turn vsa off when youre on the track, im sure with the A048s and lsd you can achieve 1.12s on your second go at wakefield. Ill try come with you next time so you can follow me i did 1.10.3 third time i was there with a 96 spec b18cr (gearing is so sh1t for wakefield)
    WP: 1.03.4
    Winton: 1.30.9

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    turn vsa off when youre on the track, im sure with the A048s and lsd you can achieve 1.12s on your second go at wakefield. Ill try come with you next time so you can follow me i did 1.10.3 third time i was there with a 96 spec b18cr (gearing is so sh1t for wakefield)
    Wow your very optimistic! Yea i definately need someone to follow as the first time I didnt follow anyone (my mates STi was too quick and ended up alone) and my lines were all messy.
    Im aiming to attend either 26th or 31st Open day at WP this month, see if you can make it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Fn2 type r
    lol. followed sti before, i ended up spinning out
    Triangular exhaust

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    I hope that will be the case! First time the car was understeering so much that the wheels were spinning and losing traction.
    How do you usually approach the second corner after the first kink? More specifically, what speed do you usually enter? I think i may be taking the corner too fast...last time i remembered i was entering
    almost near 100km/h
    It depends on your setup. With semi slicks and a light car, you can do 100km/h easy by cutting the apex. If you have street tyres and a heavy car, then you might find that your car understeers just because the tyres don't have enough grip to change the direction of momentum. There are ways to get around it though even with street tyres by sacrificing speed at the first kink so that you line up the car to take the 2nd corner in the straightest line possible (and clip the apex).
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by jyh888 View Post
    Very impressive I'll aim to get into 1.16s first and then work from there!
    Btw, now that I have the LSD installed, im assuming VSA will work in conjuction with no conflicts? Do you guys usually turn VSA off at track or leave it on?
    Any advantages/disadvantages to leaving it on?
    I turn it off because it lets me control under/oversteer using the throttle. With VSA on, it sometimes tries to brake the inner wheel when I least expect it to reduce understeer, causing the car to slightly cut in quicker. If you practice with VSA on and can anticipate when it will kick in, then nothing wrong with leaving it on.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Was wondering if anyone knows whether the eibach camber bolts are similar to the ingalls one?

Im going to track soon so Im looking into adjusting my wheel alignments, where would I be able to source some camber bolts?

And is it necessary to get hubrings? I was told that if you run aftermarket rims, it doesnt sit flush with your hub and puts alot of stress on the nuts. By any chance does anyone know our hub bore size OD and ID of the rims? (CE28N).

Lukits01, if you see this i hope you can help, trying to pm you but your inbox is full!

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    73mm > 64mm hub rings
    should have asked the tyre shop to give them to you for free when you got the semis fitted
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by moo moo nel View Post
    73mm > 64mm hub rings
    should have asked the tyre shop to give them to you for free when you got the semis fitted
    ahh ok thanks mate, appreciate your help. So these should fit? - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hub-Centric-R...ts_Accessories
    Do most tyre shops sell these and how much do they usually cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY00 DC2R
    check PM
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by moo moo nel View Post
    check PM
    Your inbox is full so couldnt reply, but thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated! = )