Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg

How much is a honda service gonna cost??

Ok simple question, i just got a 1994 prelude vti-r with about 215,000....its fantastic but kinda runs rough and is probably due for a good service...i wanna take it to get a full service at the honda dealer, but everyone tells me that its not going to be cheap, if no major parts need replacing, how much do u think the serivce would cost based on your own experience? is servicing an old honda dearer than servicing a new one?
    Last edited by mike0094; 09-06-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    major service is averaged around $500 - $800. this includes belt replacing
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    i got quoted around the 400 mark for a full service for a 1999 atts lude
    ACTIVE TORQUE TRANSFER SYSTEM

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/EK4/EJ8
    it depend on ur car as well........i got my Honda Prelude 98 ATTS done for around $800 included replacing the belt.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    it depend on ur car as well........i got my Honda Prelude 98 ATTS done for around $800 included replacing the belt.
    damm man, hopefully i dont pay that much, ill be crying if i did, what did they replace...
    oil,oil filter, belt....?
    ACTIVE TORQUE TRANSFER SYSTEM

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/EK4/EJ8
    depend what it's needed to be replace and how long does it take to get it done.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i work at a toyota/nissan/hyundai dealer as an mechanic (1st year apprentice) and basic services are nearly $200 ! big major services usually range anywhere over $1000

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    When they do the timing belt, the tensioner and water pump should also be replaced. Water pump may save you hassles down the line and the auto tensioner is just as likely if not more so to fail than the belt. For $400 you wouldn't be getting the water pump and tensioner. Can also switch to a H23 manual tensioner, although I don't know if Honda would do it and if they did the parts will likely cost quite a bit more than a kit from the US. There is also the balancer belt and a bunch of seals that get replaced at the same time, so even without labour it still isn't cheap.

My last one was $1000.
    That included:
    1. New Master Cylinder
    2. New Power Steering Pump.
    3. New break pads.
    4. Wheel alignment/balance.
    5. Oil changes/ lubrications etc etc
    6. Belt Replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by safetycar View Post
    When they do the timing belt, the tensioner and water pump should also be replaced..
    i got all those things replaced + front seals and all the belts. my 200k service was close to $1000. there's one more thing, the oil pump. do people actually change it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman2233 View Post
    My last one was $1000.
    That included:
    1. New Master Cylinder
    2. New Power Steering Pump.
    3. New break pads.
    4. Wheel alignment/balance.
    5. Oil changes/ lubrications etc etc
    6. Belt Replacements.
    That is pretty cheap, where do you have it done?

got mine done recently full servive, got qouted 900$ for full replacement of both belts tensioners and water pump
    not to hard to do yourself with a bit of no how just dropping the engine is a bitch