Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quick question guys... if anyone can comment...

1. Is it better to get a custom muffler (e.g. Hi-Tech) or get something like what Hondar is supplying... obviously, custom one would be cheaper I assume... but the Cat-Back one is less hassle...

2. Is it better to wait for the run-in and make muffler mod after 5000km ???

3. Any good place you guys can recommend in Melbourne??? For those who have already done their muffler, would you recommend yours? what brand? roughly how much fully install ???

Thanks...

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    Quick question guys... if anyone can comment...

1. Is it better to get a custom muffler (e.g. Hi-Tech) or get something like what Hondar is supplying... obviously, custom one would be cheaper I assume... but the Cat-Back one is less hassle...

2. Is it better to wait for the run-in and make muffler mod after 5000km ???

3. Any good place you guys can recommend in Melbourne??? For those who have already done their muffler, would you recommend yours? what brand? roughly how much fully install ???

Thanks...
    for 655 for a muffler plus silencer plus delivery for a full stainless steel high quality muffler it is a good deal.

dont get me wrong but this is a bolt on which you can DIY and save massive labour. if u dont want it u can uninstall yourself and put back ur standard muffler. easily save 2x labour (putting on and off)

the workmanship is guaranteed as well. full mandrel bent exhaust muffler..

lol... but it is up to you mate..
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Seeing is believing!!

Wow!! Looks great!

I know nothing about modification so please put up with my questions!!

Actually, I heard from someone saying that changing to other muffler which has bigger diameter will actually decrease the accelaration. Is that true and why?
    Also, if it's installed to a Auto Jazz, will it constantly produce noise as CVT does not involve gear changing.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by terris08
    Wow!! Looks great!

I know nothing about modification so please put up with my questions!!

Actually, I heard from someone saying that changing to other muffler which has bigger diameter will actually decrease the accelaration. Is that true and why?
    Also, if it's installed to a Auto Jazz, will it constantly produce noise as CVT does not involve gear changing.
    As Hondar mentioned somewhere, this Vision Muffler is not as loud and it also comes with the silencer.. I am getting an Auto Jazz and I have also considered your questions...

My only worry is whether to do it before 5000km or after 5000km which the car has properly run in .. or does it matter ???

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Actually Hondar, are you able to take another picture similiar to your j4.jpg but in a slightly higher position... the j4.jpg picture is very hard to see and unable to tell how the tip looks like...

Thanks.

I am not sure but isn't the most critical run-in period is around 2000 - 3000 km?? How many km have you travelled?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    As Hondar mentioned somewhere, this Vision Muffler is not as loud and it also comes with the silencer.. I am getting an Auto Jazz and I have also considered your questions...

My only worry is whether to do it before 5000km or after 5000km which the car has properly run in .. or does it matter ???
    mate, i dont it actually matter... whats more important is you dont abuse your car yet.. lol.. ie. drive too hard...

a muffler is just to help expel fumes..

This is how an internal stock muffler look like. They are called chambered..

The air is forced into many dead-end chambers, creating backpressure and making it difficult for the air to flow through smoothly.

this is straight what a straight through system looks like an N1 systems and how it looks like vision n1 or spoon n1,

Vision N1 muffler

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Actually Hondar, are you able to take another picture similiar to your j4.jpg but in a slightly higher position... the j4.jpg picture is very hard to see and unable to tell how the tip looks like...

Thanks.

The tips looks somthing like this. Looks good on the car lol. They have similar style tip on eg, ek, s2000, civic and integra
    Last edited by hondar; 08-01-2005 at 10:42 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    terris08, haven't got the car yet... just doing research on how much to spend on muffler and struct brace...

Hondar... the picture is perfect mate.... thanks for that.. I will email you to discuss... You have brand new stock or only the one above???

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    terris08, haven't got the car yet... just doing research on how much to spend on muffler and struct brace...

Hondar... the picture is perfect mate.... thanks for that.. I will email you to discuss... You have brand new stock or only the one above???
    i only have one jazz muffler. thats the only one stock i have. brand new... lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    getting an exhaust mate?