Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ek sedan

lowering ur car with aftermarket rear springs only? should i leave it? or buy a front

i brought a new civic and the previous owner had a setup with only king springs in teh back with the car lowered, should i leave it? Or should i buy front king springs as well? . what would the purpose be by just using rear springs? cheers.
    Last edited by michaelle89; 09-06-2010 at 11:23 PM.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    It's only smart to use similarly rated springs front and rear but more important to have good shocks to control the movement, I can't think why the previous owner did it but I'd at least change it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    Is the front lowered in any way? Have the fronts been reset to match height? Or uses lower perch with Konis or coilovers?

You didn't say the nose was sticking up in the air, so how was it lowered using std springs in the front? Firmer rears will give you more oversteer, and possibly an odd ride characteristic, a bit like a ute - soft front, firm or bouncy rear that get out of phase with each other on undulations.