Fuel System Cleaner

i was wondering what is your experience with using 'fuel system cleaner' products from STP, Wurth, Valvoline, etc. Are they any good? or is it better to use a premium fuel (Optimax, Vortex98, BP Ultima, etc)?

i also have a funky smell when the air con is operating.....what is the best method to treat this problem?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    the fuel system cleaner is good and gets rid of the shit in your fuel system. but using premium fuel is always going to make your car perform better

i think that funky smell is just the aircon gases, i get them too, even though my car almost stalls with aircon on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    The funky smell might be caused by your clogged up aircon filter... get it cleaned out..

As for the fuel treatment.. It will work where the sludge build up over the injectors are mild compared to say an older car.... Older cars will be better off having an ultrasonic clean of the injectors.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Its usually from condensation from the air conditioner. Its pretty normal from older air-con systems. It has a damp kind of smell right?

As for the injector cleaners, you can do both, run a higher octane fuel and injector cleaner. But as previously said if the injectors don't seem to be working properly then you will need to get them cleaned properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    injector treatments are rubbish. all they do is ruin your fuel lines. dont bother having the injectors cleened unless you are having problems and if they are have them ultrasonically cleened.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    get Wynns air-con refresher
    or those japanese air-con refreshers
    they are about $20 bucks and cleans and refresh the smell in your a/c