Evo 6
    YLDCRD any outcome on this?
    No signature

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5/rex/integra
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo convert View Post
    YLDCRD any outcome on this?
    No not yet, havent had the time to go to auto elects.
    I swung past one the other day. and he said in this weather its normal if it doesnts turn on. He said it should turn on when the temp rises bit more than operating temp.
    But im still skeptical about it.

from what your mentioning in your 1st post i would say temp switch, if it works with a/c then relay should be ok. but at same time i would make sure you get it at operating temp.... if you have done a collant flush in particular it will take a while for the fan to come on(reach activating temp) even if its on half way on the gauge if it goes beyond that and fans have not come on then i would say there is a problem but it sometimes does take for than 30-40 min with the car idling before they work and sitting on half for a while.
    WANTED! CLASSIC 60s/70s/80s JAP CARS -ANY CONDITION EVEN IF SEEN @ WRECKERS OR NEIGHBOURS -1600s, SKYLINES, Zs, CROWNS, CORONA, COROLLA. 1st CIVICS, S600s, 1300 COUPE. MAZDA, MITS..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5/rex/integra
    OK OK. friday night i was waiting for a mate to come out of house (car was idling for a good 10-15 mins.)
    FAN CAME ON FOR ABOUT 10 SECS. SO ALL IS GOOD.
    I just had to be patient.

So i guess it will only come on when it really needs to. So during this weather on normal freeway and constant driving it will not come on.

Member Array
    Car:
    1x poop, 1x egg
    i was having exactly the same issue as you, having never ever seen the fan come on in the month or two i've owned the car, even after many sessions of hard driving and with a temp gauge that seems to fluctuate ALOT.

i still haven't fully diagnosed the problem, or if there is one at all? but what i did do recently was wire the fan to be constant on with ignition. besides the noise (which isn't bad at all), is there any disadvantage of having the fan run full-time? it doesn't seem to rob power and seems to provide a nice stream of air towards the intake.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5/rex/integra
    itll probably wear out the fan motor quickly. my temp doesnt flucuate. gets to normal temps fine and runs fine.
    i rkn u should get the thermo switch checked out