Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Well, Im not to sure.

When I was down at DNA, i got quoted ~250 for the colour coding (not sure if that includes side skirts/plate surround), ~500 with lips, if my memory serves me correctly.

Having said that, $600 does sound a bit rich. Call around some places, perhaps if you know someone else with the same colour car it will cut down the cost.
    I think that I will email them and ask. Will let you all know what I find out . . .

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster
    I think that I will email them and ask. Will let you all know what I find out . . .
    That'd be good. Im looking to get mine done during January. Much appreciated

i was thinking of doing this..

my car is a 94 breeze...

my mate told me that if i get the bits done it will look odd becoz the resprayed bits will look new and the originals will stand out..

anyone had experience with this..

my paint is still very good. barely any scratches etc..

Car:
    Civic
    I personally cant comment as my car is a fair bit younger than yours although I when I recently removed a badge from the rear there was no difference in the paint where the badge previously was and the rest of the car.

well when i just had my kit fitted on the gen 2 crx, i didnt get full respray cos i gonna mod some exterior parts still, so they just painted the kit, they told me looked like 2 different colours so they cut and polished the stock paint and now all matches perfectly

Car:
    Civic
    Here is the response that I got from DNA:

the ozhonda promotion only applies to:

1. plastic door moulds
    2. stock side skirts

it will be an extra $100 if you want your door handles and rear number plate surround done.

note this price does not include repairs to dents, scratches ect..
    Compared to the other quote that I got this still seems pretty resonable.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    yeah i got a pic of the back somewhere on my computer, ill see if i can find it, i had it all done, do the number plate surround it looks better.If u dont do it ppl will think u didnt go it coz u couldnt afford it or something lol

mine cost me $300 to do, and it took one full day at a panel beaters...when they first did it the color between the old paint and new paint were the same in sunlight but at night under lights u can tell the difference between the new paint and the old paint

about 2 months after i got the color coding done my dad ran into my car in my driveway so i got the whole outside repainted, looked nicer then...

i miss that car now that i look back at it, but i know the new owner has taken care of it

Member Array
    The good panel shops will grab a painted part of your car (normally the fuel cover) and get it computer analysed. That way you'll get a perfect match... Ask what their process are....

most jobs are just a sand down and spray in color... you should ask them to spray an undercoat/hifill then color...

Quote Originally Posted by nobbs
    i rekn color code it all, looks much cleaner

heres a pic of my old red hatchback with colorcoding done

Hey i know the new owner of that...
    neat car man, was well looked after

and yeah, colour code it all, gives cars a newer look

Member Array
    Car:
    ED gl saloon
    if you remove all the parts yourself and then take them in, do you guys think it would be a little cheaper!!!???

hmm not a bad price either way really...

Word....
    ur car is off the hizzle my dizzle...
    and yeah those rims are nice as man!!

Car:
    Civic
    Thanks all for the replies.

Yeah, I think that I will have the whole thing done. I will send another PM to DNA to see what process they use.