Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc4

Intake Information

Ive been searching and searching for the past couple days(literally) about a thread that i accidentally closed but i have not come upon it so far .

Basically a dc2/4 with a SRI hidden into the stock box which looked really good, and im wanting to do that, but im unable to find the thread.
    And i was also wondering the pic on that thread had the oxygen sensor and a small filter connected to the hose instead of the engine?
    What is that called and are there any benefits to it? Ive been reading as well about the filters would it really matter what intake i buy(DC4) as my budget is only around $100-$150(for the filter) $100-$150(piping).

I'm planning to install the SRI, and ppl have been saying to install it with silicone instead of aluminium? Any help with that?

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc4
    Can i get some help

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    Basically a dc2/4 with a SRI hidden into the stock box which looked really good
    What does an SRI in your air box mean. Do you mean a pod filter in your air box?

Best bang for buck mod, Drop in a Trust/Spoon (recommended these as I have had them) or what ever filter, put it in air box, remove the big white resinator box from drivers side guard, and duct 4 inch air con piping from bottom of airbox to front bar. There you have yourself a home SRI, mugen type intake.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc4
    Yea pod filter in the stock air box, but i wanted to buy a new pipe too. And was also wondering abt what i asked earlier abt tat small filter connected to it?

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    There is no point in buying a new pipe? What for... bling purpose?

Small filter off the rocker cover? like below:

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc4
    Yea i think thats it. Im buying a new pipe cuz my old one doesnt have a oxygen sensor, so i just rahter buy a new pipe, since this pipe looks really old

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm 95% sure a decent pod filter won't fit into a stock box. I cleaned up my EH VTi box hoping to use it to house my pod filter but it wouldn't fit by a long shot. Is the DC airbox so much larger?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the DC box's filter elements is already the shape of a "pod" dougie... but you may already know this?
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    What does an SRI in your air box mean. Do you mean a pod filter in your air box?

Best bang for buck mod, Drop in a Trust/Spoon (recommended these as I have had them) or what ever filter, put it in air box, remove the big white resinator box from drivers side guard, and duct 4 inch air con piping from bottom of airbox to front bar. There you have yourself a home SRI, mugen type intake.
    will that make noise that is loud as CAI?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the noise will never be as loud as a completely exposed pod... it may be deeper though as the box around it will create resonation...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    OP, is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post1310468

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by tiah313 View Post
    will that make noise that is loud as CAI?
    No, but the noise is gay!

You get the whistle, that the Mugen intake gets with a OEM throttle body though.