Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE

HELP! Got defected..

Hey everyone,

Got pulled over for a rbt last night, and the cops inspected my car. Got a defect notice for my windscreen (it has two grooves in it) my hand brake and finally my 'front suspension'.

I need help with my front sussy. The officer didnt check it, he only pushed down on the two front corners of the car.

My car is bone stock.

I have 2 weeks to get my car fixed. Does anyone have any idea of what needs to be replaced considering its stock? Also, im on the southside of Brisbane, so can anyone recommend a mechanic for me?

Thanks heaps guys, all responses will be appreciated and rep points will be given.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    whats wrong with your front suspension? u said 'finally my front suspension'.
    if ur car is bone stock and nothing is wrecked just take it to your qldroads (im from melbourne) and they will look at it.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

I think he meant its too stiff or soft?

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    i never knew cops check your car out for RBT?

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by burak213 View Post
    i never knew cops check your car out for RBT?
    They can if they wanted to.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    They can if they wanted to.
    These guys wanted to.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by quangsuke View Post
    whats wrong with your front suspension? u said 'finally my front suspension'.
    if ur car is bone stock and nothing is wrecked just take it to your qldroads (im from melbourne) and they will look at it.
    Thats what I want to know bud.

I havn't done any suspension mods to the car, so im guessing he must have thought it to be too hard or soft. My civic has 218,xxx on the clock, would I need to replace the suspension?

And yes, my car is a very clean, straight car. I look after it and I've never had any mechanical issues in the 2 years i've owned it.
    part time potato

Member Array
    on the defect notice itself, it should say what is exactally wrong with it.
    if it doesnt, take it to wherever you guys go (rta equivilent?) and nothing wrong with it./dont know what hes on about.
    atleast then youll either get a definitve answer or just cleared .

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Are your shocks dead? Push down - If they make noise or wobble around like a penguin then they're dead.

Regardless, do you have dyed hair, long fringe, or have an attitude and were listening to trance at high volume? If not then I'm out of ideas.

The cop probably just wanted to have a go at you... He came home late the night before and his wife made him sleep on the couch and he took it out on you. Probably wouldn't happen if your hair were complemented by large t i t s. Go get them checked by a mechanic and get him to write down that the suspension is OK and hand that in with your defect notice you'll be fine mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    agree with the above ... hes juss trying to get points down on the form so that the car has to be inspected

happns all the time unfortunatly
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    on the defect notice itself, it should say what is exactally wrong with it.
    if it doesnt, take it to wherever you guys go (rta equivilent?) and nothing wrong with it./dont know what hes on about.
    atleast then youll either get a definitve answer or just cleared .
    He didnt write anything specific down, that's why i'm confused. 'Front suspension' is all that is written down.
    Do I have to take it to Queensland Transport to get cleared? Or just a mechanic? Officer said 'bring the safety certificate to the station and it will get signed off'. Ahh im confused.

Are your shocks dead? Push down - If they make noise or wobble around like a penguin then they're dead.

Regardless, do you have dyed hair, long fringe, or have an attitude and were listening to trance at high volume? If not then I'm out of ideas.

The cop probably just wanted to have a go at you... He came home late the night before and his wife made him sleep on the couch and he took it out on you. Probably wouldn't happen if your hair were complemented by large t i t s. Go get them checked by a mechanic and get him to write down that the suspension is OK and hand that in with your defect notice you'll be fine mate!
    Hahah that made my day man, thanks I feel the reason he followed me was those red and white targets I have stuck on my car haha.. But yeah, my shocks are fine.

Thanks heaps everyone you've been real helpful!
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    No worries man. You'll need to get your car checked and cleared. At least in NSW, if you get defected, it's your responsibility to get the car checked and the (authorised) mechanic write that they have checked the defect and have deemed it road worthy. Then you submit it and your all set. I don't know if Queensland Transport can check the car and clear it? This would mean they would need mechanics, etc. on site. I'd say give them a quick call it can't hurt!