Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

buying my first honda

hey guys i am a noob when it comes to hondas and i am looking at buying my first honda, after owning turbo cars(ma70 supra, r33 gts-t, wira 4g93) and a few other sh**box dailys and my current car nissan sr20, i have decided to try out my luck with honda as i have alot of mates who own hondas and they currently surpass my sr20's capabilitys with their v-tec's, and it would cost me over $4000 to convert my car to a sr20ve and i want to keep with n/a and thought if i cant beat em then join em....but my problem is that my budget isn't that much and i am not too worried about the quickness at the moment but i do want something with potential and i love the look of those jdm hondas running around. below are a few options that i have selected and could anyone help me out with what i should chose and why.

eg civic vti
    eg civic si dohc
    ek civic vti
    accord vti
    integra LS dohc
    integra gsi
    prelude si (eagle eye shape)

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    EG Hatchback VTI!
    Rear disk brakes + sunroof and cupholders haha
    it'll be ready for an engine conversion
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    out of the cars you have listed, only these have "vtec"

eg civic vti

ek civic vti
    accord vti

The motors in all of the above are vtec motors that are geared towards fuel efficiency, and will not compare to an SR20, in my own opinion

the equivalent motors are the B series, more than likely the B18 found in the integra vtir, the integra type r (both dc2) and the B16a in the civic vtir... i would be going towards the B series motors if you want something similar to your SR20 in NA guise
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    how much u got 2 spend?? tell us that so we can give u ideas of cars that u prolly didnt consider.

Newcomer Array
    Yeah, how much are you willing to spend, but I think an EG or EK would be a nice car to own.

May I ask what car is your SR20? and i'm guessing its an SR20DE, since you said you wanted to keep with N/A?
    If you don't get defected for too low and too wide - you're doing it wrong

yea its a sr20de.....its a nx coupe.....i will have up to about $7000......and i thought the ek vti's dont have vtek and they were just sohc non vtek....learn something new everyday...

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    if its 'vti' it has vtec

vti models come stock with a SOHC vtec engine

b-series engines come with DOHC Vtec
    for the $7,000 mark you can buy a b16a converted EG, or a decent condition VTI eg

if you're looking at doing the work and building it up yourself, <- only way to really enjoy a car imo, buy a GLi or VTi and you can do an engine conversion later on down the track
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    if its 'vti' it has vtec

vti models come stock with a SOHC vtec engine

b-series engines come with DOHC Vtec
    for the $7,000 mark you can buy a b16a converted EG, or a decent condition VTI eg

if you're looking at doing the work and building it up yourself, <- only way to really enjoy a car imo, buy a GLi or VTi and you can do an engine conversion later on down the track
    ah ok...well for some reason every time i see a vti eg it has vtec on the rocker cover and on the ek's it doesnt say vtec on the rocker cover hencing i thought it was just lux version and didnt have vtec

oh yea i forgot to mention that even tho i have 7k to play with i dont to intend on spending the whole lot on the car as i would like to buy the car and have some money left over to do some cosmetic improvements or engine/suspension improvements but need of saying that if i find a good car that has some of the stuff done to it and if it needs rego i would need money to rego it....i dont mind spending the whole lot if the car is worth it tho

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    integra LS dohc
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.8L DOHC.. reliable engine +1
    faster than a carby +1
    interchangable mods with dc2r +1
    i had a LS as my first and loved it +1
    its not a girls car like a civic +1
    you can hellafush slam the biach +1
    cheap and affordable +1
    LSVTEC conversion if your serious +1
    its not a b18c but its still a cool b18A +1

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    integra LS dohc
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not a girls car like a civic +1
    LOL, im not even going to get into that haha!
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Cant you get DC2 for around 7k