Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ae86

dc2 coilovers not fitting on my crx! Help Please

Ok I just wasted about 1.5hrs trying to install these. I just emailed the company & they are adamant they are dc2 coils & have fitted on dc2's before but I'm certain they sent me the wrong one. These are Aussie made btw. So please look at this, tell me am I wrong? Or have they stuffed up?

Only tried to install the rears onto my crx, was too mad to test fit fronts. The problem is the coils forks are about 1cm too narrow to fit over my LCA bushing and I can't see any way to just shave the bushing & I don't really want to. 1cm is HUGE!

I then tested them on my old stock crx LCA's, nup too narrow.

Current setup:
    Skunk2 LCA's (box says fits 88-95 crx/civic & 90-01 Integra)

Coils fits: dc2 Integra supposedly

Here's some pics in comparison to some stock EG suspension forks & also against where it wont fit on the Skunk2 LCA

Last edited by checkers; 17-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    looks like the rears are actually for an ek, not eg/dc

you'll find that the fronts for eg/dc/ek are the same while the rear, while being all forks, the eg/dc is wider than the ek
    generally you can shave the bush to fit ek on dc/eg, or use washers to fit dc/eg on ek(which i've done)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ae86
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I kinda sussed that they were from an ek. Just the guy is adamant that they are dc2.
    Also he said to me that dc2's began in 1993 thats why my lca's are not fitting, but that shouldn't be it because my lca's say 90-01 Integra

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ae86
    Ok I just measure the inside of the fork and it's 4cm.
    Can someone PLEASE if they have some dc2 sussy measure the width of there rear fork and tell me.

Last edited by checkers; 17-06-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    can't just find the model number for the adjustable coilover setup to double check instead?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ae86
    vinnY btw thx sdo much 4 ur reply.
    I tried to find a part no, but nothing on it and nothing on the box. The guy emailed me and said "looks like he was given the wrong bottom part forks" the fork detaches off the whole coil.
    So I think I'll be able to send the fork part back and get the correct one. Hopefully that is it, pretty certain it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    well if it's from a trader than yeah you should be able to
    and yes it can just unscrew off and you can swap it out, should be right