Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual

"swishing" noise behind dashboard - GD '07 Vti-s

Hi,

Does anyone else get a noise behind the dash. The noise resembles water swishing around behind the controls in the centre of the dash. It seems to happen at random times but occurs frequently when cornering and gear changing. The noise has been there to some degree since the car was new but seems to be more noticable now. It has 34,000km on it.

Cheers
    Martin

the petrol tank in the jazz is directly under the drivers seat, could it be that?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    No, it's up high somewhere behind the air vents or radio. It isn't actually water or a liquid but thats the only way I can think to describe the sound.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    Hey there.. if you havent found the cause already, it is actually air trapped in the heater box(unit) behind the dash. (sounds like a waterfall... right? lol)
    The way to get the air out is to jack the front of the car up at the front as high as you can or if you dont have a long trolley jack (to reach the front subframe where you need to lift from) you can park on a steep incline (biggest hill you can find) with the nose of the car parked facing up the hill. Then you switch the AC controls as follows .......temp control on hot (knob completely clockwise) and vent control on defog mode only (knob completely clockwise) and the fan on or off, it doesnt matter. Run the car like this for as long as you can, normally takes a good 10-15mins to bleed out air but the longer the better and more effective..
    Happy bleeding
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Thanks sneaky, I've given your suggestion a try. I ran the car for 15 minutes up on car ramps. There appears to be a significant reduction in the noise but I haven't driven it alot yet. It did make the noise again very briefly and not really very loud so i may need to run it a little longer than 15 minutes to eliminate the noise altogether.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers
    Artie

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Euro 6MT Lexus RX 330
    Hello Artie,

I have the same prob with my 06 Vti Jazz, and thanks Sneaky for the tip, I'll definitely give it a go !

cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Hi euro27,

I'd be interested to hear how you go. The noise is certainly still there in our Jazz. It may not be as loud as before but it is still very frequent. I haven't tried sneaky's fix again yet but when I do, I think I'll need to run it for much longer than 15 minutes. Thanks for responding, it's helpful to know my car isn't the only one with the problem.

Cheers
    Artie.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04' Euro 6MT Lexus RX 330
    Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Hi euro27,

I'd be interested to hear how you go. The noise is certainly still there in our Jazz. It may not be as loud as before but it is still very frequent. I haven't tried sneaky's fix again yet but when I do, I think I'll need to run it for much longer than 15 minutes. Thanks for responding, it's helpful to know my car isn't the only one with the problem.

Cheers
    Artie.
    Hi Artie,

I don't have a trolley jack so I'm gonna have to find a steep hill ! When Sneaky refers to 'running the car' like this for 15 min does he mean having the car started and with the fan on ? or just using the fan to bleed the air ?

cheers,

Euro27

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    G'day Euro27,

My understanding is that the fan control makes no difference so I just ran the car with the fan off. I might get a chance to give it another go on the weekend but i think I'll turn the fan on this time.

Cheers
    Artie.