Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe

Performance gain on stock ITR dc2 headers on b16a

Hi guys umm just need a big favor, planning to buy stock headers from type r dc2 , would it gain any power or notice any differance if I use the stock headers from da ITR for my civic em1 vtir

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo 6
    i heard no gains using the stock Audm ITR headers, only gains come from using the JDM ITR ones.
    However i am sure more people can give you info here
    No signature

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5
    if you want some gains with a low budget. get yourself a set of second hand xforce headers. bang for buck. picked mine up for $120.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    sweet, anyone selling second hand headers

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Deano.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah apparently the AUDM DC2 headers are crap, JDM ftw.

You can get XForce headers for $399 brand new and delivered if you want. Just check out Race Nation's section in the Parts for Sale area. Have done business with them once and would do so again.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    I'ii proberly go for the stock jdm headers from a dc2r. Wat about injen cai from a dc2r would it fit into my EM1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Legs
    put it this way, preety much any bolt on mods off a dc2 will fit on your em1. so yes the CAI will fit, tho you may have to do minor adjustments.

Ive heard dc2R headers give us like 8hp, which realy isnt to crash hot, but if u can get em for free or sumthn u may aswell throw them in, otherwise if your going to buy them ur best off buying somethin abit beter.
    Last edited by SiR Vtec; 18-06-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    On the for sale section there's the fujita cai for the dc2r , would u reckomend dat I should buy that, and wat kinda minor adjustment would there be

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    i don't understand why OEM JDM extractors would be worth the money when upgrading. correct me if im wrong, but are they not stock, with power restrictions. everyone in jap might as well have no gone aftermarket, and then no mugen no spoon no this no that. so before you believe everyone talking it up about JDM with no experience at all, think about it, and get something that is worth the money. and btw xforce is pretty shit too. when u want to get headers, its not something u want to go CHEAP about, because going cheap will never be worth it. the top brands are expensive for a reason, because they have PROVEN gains, not gains by some internet guys who reckon JDM STOCK headers are a good upgrade and it FEELS better

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    I'm not looking for some hectik power . Tired of driving my stockie em1 ,need just abit of power to make it feel faster. Tight on budget. Not worth spending alot of cash on expensive parts, would perfer to save up more cash to do k20a swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by duzy View Post
    i don't understand why OEM JDM extractors would be worth the money when upgrading. correct me if im wrong, but are they not stock, with power restrictions. everyone in jap might as well have no gone aftermarket, and then no mugen no spoon no this no that. so before you believe everyone talking it up about JDM with no experience at all, think about it, and get something that is worth the money. and btw xforce is pretty shit too. when u want to get headers, its not something u want to go CHEAP about, because going cheap will never be worth it. the top brands are expensive for a reason, because they have PROVEN gains, not gains by some internet guys who reckon JDM STOCK headers are a good upgrade and it FEELS better
    speaking from no experience, i'm pretty sure i've seen dynos make a fair bit more power than stock with jdm headers (like 10kw atw gain minimum). they won't make as much power as toda or spoon, but they will make a noticeable difference. that's what i've heard/seen anyway, if you've experienced different, fair enough. but i don't think the op is looking at jdm headers as they are too expensive.