View Poll Results: Should we relabel this thread ***Official What did you do to your EG/EK today***?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

116 44.62%
  • No

144 55.38%
Page 211 of 419 FirstFirst ... 111161201208209210211212213214221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,532 of 5018
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda.
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceZiggy View Post
    Removed my door trim and stopped the door lock on the driver side from rattling. Stuck some foam in behind the rod, doesn't make a noise now .

Also tightened up a bolt that held the window brace in place, was causing the window to rattle uncontrollably when the window was anywhere but all the way up.
    Nice work mate but does that foam deteriorate after time? perhaps even use heatshrink? i will be giving this a go as well .. as my drivers side door lock rattles too .... only on the freeway lol

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolaz01 View Post
    Nice work mate but does that foam deteriorate after time? perhaps even use heatshrink? i will be giving this a go as well .. as my drivers side door lock rattles too .... only on the freeway lol
    It might do, it's actually just foam from the cushion of an old lounge (which my dog tore up). It's working a charm at the moment and it may deteriorate eventually, but it was a cheap, easy option at the time. Plus I have a ton of the stuff thanks to my dog lol.

Mind you, it took a bit of experimenting to get it to fit perfect, sometimes I put too much foam in which prevented the door from unlocking.

An unfortunate side effect of my experimenting is that the passenger side door no longer unlocks itself. When I unlock the car, the passenger lock will bounce open, but doesn't seem to have enough force to open the lock completely, so the door effectively stay locked. It still happens even if I remove the foam completely.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda.
    It might do, it's actually just foam from the cushion of an old lounge (which my dog tore up). It's working a charm at the moment and it may deteriorate eventually, but it was a cheap, easy option at the time. Plus I have a ton of the stuff thanks to my dog lol.

Mind you, it took a bit of experimenting to get it to fit perfect, sometimes I put too much foam in which prevented the door from unlocking.

An unfortunate side effect of my experimenting is that the passenger side door no longer unlocks itself. When I unlock the car, the passenger lock will bounce open, but doesn't seem to have enough force to open the lock completely, so the door effectively stay locked. It still happens even if I remove the foam completely.
    I installed Mfactory shifter bushings today.. nice and crisp gear changes

Interesting, i guess i will have to experiment with different types of materials too!! thanks for the heads up, will be doing this over the weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Oem EK4 SiR Lip !

Member Array
    Car:
    Pre-Facelift EK
    took my wing off to get it clear coated, wasn't to sure if it was genuine or not....

pretty cool

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Lowered the ek4 and installed rear mudflaps which i picked up from pick and payless for $12

this

to this

and how she sits now
    Last edited by eeko; 13-04-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by eeko View Post
    Lowered the ek4 and installed rear mudflaps which i picked up from pick and payless for $12
    Amazing how much better it looks just by lowering a bit, nice work.

How much did you lower it by exactly? Experienced any rubrub during turns, going up driveways or doing u-turns?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Amazing how much better it looks just by lowering a bit, nice work.

How much did you lower it by exactly? Experienced any rubrub during turns, going up driveways or doing u-turns?
    Cheer's man pretty happy with how she's sitting now tbh,car is exactly how i envisioned it when i first bought it thanks to the coilovers ... new lower profiled tires soon cause the ones atm are stuffed so she'll be going lower to have the same gap as it is now.

I really am not sure aye.. my mate and i were just working on one side at a time.. and when it was right we'd just copy the lengths on the other.. Yeah i had king springs last week and id rub everywhere with my 50 profile tires... put in coils and the past 3 days no rubbing at all .. turning sharply, doing u-turns and going up driveways.. (the only thing that scrapes is the front lip if i dont take driveways at the right angle.
    Last edited by eeko; 14-04-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    I finally got around to converting my tail-lights to Ek9 lights.

Here is the whole car (with a little bit of Photoshop to see what it would look like with an EK9 Grille) :

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by eeko View Post
    Cheer's man pretty happy with how she's sitting now tbh,car is exactly how i envisioned it when i first bought it thanks to the coilovers ... new lower profiled tires soon cause the ones atm are stuffed so she'll be going lower to have the same gap as it is now.

I really am not sure aye.. my mate and i were just working on one side at a time.. and when it was right we'd just copy the lengths on the other.. Yeah i had king springs last week and id rub everywhere with my 50 profile tires... put in coils and the past 3 days no rubbing at all .. turning sharply, doing u-turns and going up driveways.. (the only thing that scrapes is the front lip if i dont take driveways at the right angle.
    Nice man, nice. I know what you mean about driveways though, the entrance to my driveway is a killer, even with my EK as stock I have to slowly go at a good angle to avoid scraping. I'm cringing at the thought of what's gonna happen when I install lips..

Speaking of scraping lips, bit of damage on Ukulelegod's front lip. Ouch man .

Regardless, looks good with the EK9 tail lights. Where'd you get them?

Member Array
    Car:
    Pre-Facelift EK
    just picked up my spoon wing, looks brand new, nice and shiny, shots are crap as they are taken with my phone, will post some pics in the day time
    Before:

After:

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    Nice man, nice. I know what you mean about driveways though, the entrance to my driveway is a killer, even with my EK as stock I have to slowly go at a good angle to avoid scraping. I'm cringing at the thought of what's gonna happen when I install lips..

Speaking of scraping lips, bit of damage on Ukulelegod's front lip. Ouch man .

Regardless, looks good with the EK9 tail lights. Where'd you get them?
    Haha. The lip is a little bit scraped, but I have fixed it before with a bit of hard work and some wet and dry.

The tail-lights are not genuine Ek9 Haha.
    I did a DIY on a set of Facelift lights off an Ek1. It was an easy job, and looks just as good (to me anyways).